Straight Ahead

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2015-04-30_09-29-16.jpg

I like the intense atmosphere of this picture. Simple, yet very strong compo is just sucking me in. :1247:

I like the intense atmosphere of this picture. Simple, yet very strong compo is just sucking me in. :1247:

Thanks For stopping in and sharing.

Great stuff! Love the tones and contrast, love the leading lines drawing me right down the road. Agree, very strong image.

Great stuff! Love the tones and contrast, love the leading lines drawing me right down the road. Agree, very strong image.

Thanks!

Nice shot.

If it were mine, I'd debate having the vanishing point centered.
Just curious if you thought about that as well.

Nice shot.

Thanks. This image is not cropped. Not sure if I want to lose any part of the bottom or top of the image. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice shot.

Thanks. This image is not cropped. Not sure if I want to lose any part of the bottom or top of the image. Thanks for the feedback.

OK. I was just wondering if it was something you considered.
There was a thread somewhere that lamented the fact that no one ever wanted to discuss the decision making process that goes into choosing composition choices. I was just trying to start such a conversation.

It's something I think about a lot, so I thought I'd ask.

For the record, I don't think I would have chosen to center the vanishing point.
I'm not saying that choice would have been better. Just thinking out loud about how I might have approached this shot if it were mine.

Nice shot.

OK. I was just wondering if it was something you considered.
There was a thread somewhere that lamented the fact that no one ever wanted to discuss the decision making process that goes into choosing composition choices. I was just trying to start such a conversation.

It's something I think about a lot, so I thought I'd ask.

For the record, I don't think I would have chosen to center the vanishing point.
I'm not saying that choice would have been better. Just thinking out loud about how I might have approached this shot if it were mine.

While I do agree about not going for centered horizons, I still fell it works in this case as the balance of the image isn't centered because there is so little sky. With there being such little sky I feel that although the vanishing point is centered it gives the feeling of being higher in the image.

When I was standing there about to press the shutter my thought process was more about getting a level horizon and symmetry down the center. If I had my tripod and was trying different angles I am sure I would have tried shooting lower and with the horizon in different places. As is, this is a one of one shot and I did not take anymore photos at this place.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts. All viewpoints are appreciated.

I think that the centered vanishing point works very well in this image it really serves to drive your eyes down those leading lines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back