Strap Recommendation Needed

I use a old laptop case strap. I clip the strap to itself to make a large loop, then I hook the existing clip to the camera's left eyelet using a larger sized keyring holder. It works exactly like the Black Rapid strap and cost me all of zero dollars (wasn't even using the laptop case anymore).

The only thing I'm looking for now is a little bit better strap to do this with...but for the price, it's hard to beat, and hanging on my side is SO much better than in front of me, poking out from my chest.

I do the same thing, as I can't find this product in my corner of the world. I use my travel bag strap, and hook the clip to the manfrotto's quick release plate. Just to be more secure I also attach a lanyard to both eyelets and hook the clip to it also.

The Mzungu definitely looks like a simplified form of the R-strap. Very neat. I love the look of the HighKey straps; That style is very subjective to opinion, though. Wish they made them longer.. R-strap is still my number one choice, so far.

EDIT: Black Rapid (BlackRapid) on Twitter Apparently the RS-7 has been announced.. can't find any information on it, though.

RS-7 R-Strap » BlackRapid.com

It's been released, and I just ordered one! I'll do a quick review when it gets here, if anyone wants me to. :p

I use a strap system that is used by hunters and bird watchers for binoculars. Mine is made by Crooked Horn Outfitters and is called the Bino-System.
I used it for a week long cruise, then a ten day vacation to Hawaii. Carrying the camera was out of the way, safe and hands free. Just like the zipper on your pants, you don't think about it until you need to use it.
I'm never going back to the single shoulder strap again.

The Mzungu definitely looks like a simplified form of the R-strap. Very neat. I love the look of the HighKey straps; That style is very subjective to opinion, though. Wish they made them longer.. R-strap is still my number one choice, so far.

EDIT: Black Rapid (BlackRapid) on Twitter Apparently the RS-7 has been announced.. can't find any information on it, though.

RS-7 R-Strap » BlackRapid.com

It's been released, and I just ordered one! I'll do a quick review when it gets here, if anyone wants me to. :p

Did you get it yet? My RS-7 showed up today, so far I really like it!

Yea, I got mine on Saturday. So far I like it, but it likes to ALWAYS end up resting at my side, rather than my back (where I like it). Also, I think the quick release being on my BACK is ridiculous. I taped over that with electrical tape. I also don't like that if I bend over, the camera swings around. Then again, it is a strap.

I might get the Spider Holster. That looks pretty solid, but I might look funny carrying it around, as I like to take my camera everywhere..

This thread prompted me to get a RS-5 BUT they list one of my local camera stores as a dealer and they are months away from getting any inventory. I guess I'll have to break down and pay for shipping & handling.

Most reactions

Back