Stream flower

wilson007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. This is my first post although I've been here for awhile.

I took this earlier today and have been playing with it in PS for awhile but I can't get it to look the way I want. I think this shot has a lot of potential but I'm having trouble bring it out. I've mainly been adjusting curves and saturation to try and bring out more color, but I haven't been very successful yet. Any help?

IMG_5190ps.jpg

Interesting looking flower. I've never seen one that looks like that before.

As for bringing out the color, there are a couple of simple tools I'm used to playing with in Photoshop.

There is a color balance tool that you can use to bring up the orange/red/yellow, and there is also an option to add a photo filter. (Such as a warming filter).

I think you'd be better served by the color balance tool though. You can find it by going to image/adjustments/color balance if you're using photoshop.

Truly nice shot though.

Ok, I did the warming filter, adjusted the color balance and bumped saturation a bit. Here's what I have now:

IMG_5190ps1.jpg

Is this as good as it's going to get? I still think it should "pop" a bit more.

How about this? I tend to have a bold editing style and this was pretty quick so I understand if you think it's too much. Here's what I did:

1 - curves adjustment
2 - unsharp mask at 20-25-0
3 - burned the top left and bottom right corners a bit and also some areas on the flower that had gotten too bright
4 - decreased saturation to -3 to compensate for everything else I did.

IMG_5190ps1copy.jpg

How about this? I tend to have a bold editing style and this was pretty quick so I understand if you think it's too much. Here's what I did:

1 - curves adjustment
2 - unsharp mask at 20-25-0
3 - burned the top left and bottom right corners a bit and also some areas on the flower that had gotten too bright
4 - decreased saturation to -3 to compensate for everything else I did.

IMG_5190ps1copy.jpg

I would maybe use a layer mask to mask out the effect on everything but the flower.

YES! That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Glad I could help. :) It's a great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back