Study in Black

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took hundreds of shots of my wife Marge yesterday. I'm excited to have my 20D back, so we set up a black background and had some fun. These are two of many that she and I liked. I'm going through another 142 now that I shot today.

study_in_black.jpg

Thanks for lookin :)

Thanks Robert, Jon, and Mark :)

Mark, what can I say, it's really great having such a hot model right here at my beck and call ;)

We had fun, and later we reversed roles and I helped her take some shots of me. I metered and she shot.

You can see the shots she took at http://theduck808.deviantart.com

Thanks again guys.

Good to se you doing ppl shots! :)

What was the source of lighting here, Matt?

Thanks M@ko and Dan :)

I use cheap shop lights for lighting. I bought them at Walmart :p They are cliipped on old tripods. I don't have flashes or strobes. I'm saving up.

nicely done Matt! love your presentation :)

Digital Matt said:
I use cheap shop lights for lighting. I bought them at Walmart :p They are cliipped on old tripods. I don't have flashes or strobes. I'm saving up.
Light is light, especially for b&w work. I prefer to work with minimal set-up. I've done a family gig with a home depot work light, which I was happy with. Just had to deal with the heat though. :)

Did you diffuse the light with anything? Or was it softened in PS?

Thanks Mansi. :)

I didn't diffuse the light. I think these only have 60 watt light bulbs in them, so they aren't very strong to begin with. The heat can be a problem though. I had to open a window to keep things cool :p

I don't mind using these lights for color either. I just set my white balance accordingly and they work out fine.

Thanks Matt!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back