Stupid focus question

kass617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think it may have to do with some settings changes I did by accident, but here's the problem I have: The first day I got my 50mm lens, I was using the autofocus on some test shots. I was pressing the shutter button halfway to focus, and holding it I would move the camera away from the focus point, and it wouldn't change....now when I half-press the button, and it auto focuses, and then I move the camera (with the button still half pressed) it re-focuses. What am I doing wrong, or what setting could I have accidentally switched?

It sounds like your camera is in continuous focus (AF-C) mode, verses servo (AF-S) mode. That's the Nikon terminology, what make and model is your camera?

You're right, I must have moved the dial while holding it down...I figured it out after posting...please ignore and forgive my stupidity, lol.

You're right, I must have moved the dial while holding it down...I figured it out after posting...please ignore and forgive my stupidity, lol.

Don't sweat it! :) I wish I could delete all the silly questions I was asking on other forums after I got my first DSLR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back