Success?

bentcountershaft

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think, in a lot of ways, this may be my first successful photo. It's not the best looking pic I've ever taken but what I mean by that is that the feeling I had when I took it has been at least adequately conveyed. It's a simple shot, just an empty parking garage, but it seemed kind of creepy to me at the time so I took the shot, hoping to capture that. I've showed it to a few people and the first thing they've mentioned is that it makes them feel kind of creepy. Kind of has a cheesy horror movie look to it. I don't know, I guess I'm kind of rambling and possibly too easily impressed with myself, but for now I'll take it.

img0246br.jpg

I'm not sure if it makes me feel creeped out or just alone and depressed :/

I'm not really sure what to give as C&C because I know you were going for a dark look in PP, but I'm thinking maybe it's a bit too dark?

Definitely too dark. That's what I would say if it weren't mine. Too contrasty and overdone cooling with the white balance. Regular C&C on this isn't really important to me. I guess the point of me starting this was wondering if others understood what I was talking about regarding having achieved a goal artistically. It probably would have been benificial had I stated that originally. Sorry about that.

I would lighten the shadow values up a tiny bit. Not too much, but just a little bit. The highlight pattern and the shadow that the light on the ceiling projects is nice!

Creepiness conveyed. Yes, success. Where the heck are my car keys!!! ACK!!!!!

So many great scenes in movies and tv shows (alias) come to mind...

Nice pic!

I have a file cabinet full of images like this. It is called the possible locations files :lol:

Whenever I run into a space/place that has potential for a photo shoot I will take a photo of it and take notes and it all goes into the file for possible future use. So what does that mean as far as your photo is concerned?

Well, I don't like it a whole lot as a photo. Mostly because of the red, yellow and green area on the right that grabs my eye but does not satisfy it as there is nothing going on there. Maybe if the colors were muted somewhat it would work out better. Also, the large dark area up front center is not very appealing and for this image to stand on its own you would need to crop some of it, imho.

But as a location shot, I love it. I look at it and I'm building at least a dozen different possible shoots there. It's a beautiful space with beautiful lighting and that dark space up front center is perfect to put in something. Some fashion or a nude or who knows what else.

Hope that inspires you.

It does inspire, thank you. I was worried that big empty space was too much but when I cropped it more it made the closest light too big for my liking. However a friend of mine wants me to take a few shots of their band so I may be able to work something out in this location.

I see what you mean about the colors being too bright/distracting too. I may play around with doing it in black and white and then adding a slight blue tint to it when I get time. Thanks again.

15 years ago i had images like this most are in the recycle bin

Hopefully you recycled them into something more useful than your post ;).

I was completely prepared that most people wouldn't like this one so that's no problem at all.

Here's a slightly lighter redo with the aforementioned b/w and slight blue tinting. I left this one uncropped to show the original size and the slightly larger empty space I may have the band members in if that comes about.

img0246c2.jpg

The last rendition is okay (remember this is just my opinion)

I like the first shot, although it may be somewhat dark and bluish.

I wonder, just thinking out loud...
Can you try one somewhere in the middle of the two?

BTW:
I am looking again, and that is not an easy shot.

In the middle as far as darkness or for the color? Or both? I'll try both.

img0246d2.jpg

Both

I like this rendition because;
The color helps to balance the shot.

If you do not mind keeping an old guy happy, how about just a tad darker and keep the colors, especially the yellow in the back right hand side of the shot.

I don't mind at all, I'm happy to experiment and learn. Thanks for taking the time.

img0246d3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back