Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.....I keep hearing again and again and again how wonderfully comfortable Croc shoes are. I think they're kinda ugly, but I'm seriously considering getting a pair anyway, simply because of the comfort.

Has anyone here had a pair before? What do you think of them?

What other brands/types of shoes do you recommend for someone who walks a LOT, and has feet/leg problems?

My wife has a pair...she likes them but not all that much more than her other shoes.

The look comfortable and they are super light...but I don't know how durable they would be for a lot of walking.

Well, I need to do something. The tennis shoes I have now are actually the most comfortable I've ever had, because they don't crowd my toes, and therefore, they don't rub on the sides and cause blisters there.

...However, they aren't much help when it comes to my feet aching from lots of walking. I bought them about a year ago, and with all of my traveling (more walking than normal) on top of what I do daily at home (at least when it's not cold out), I've really started to wear through them. I also noticed the other day, that my left shoe isn't wearing evenly....if you look at them from the back, the wear slopes from right to left! (more worn on the inner part of the sole...I should mention that one thing I liked about these shoes was that it helped keep me from walking on the OUTER parts of my feet, like I normally do...like I said, I have goofy problems with my feet and legs).

And, for 3 days now I've been walking around with a blister on my heel.

Btw, I'm eying THESE.

I've got a bad habit of buying cheap shoes...usually from Wal-mart or Payless shoes etc. I'll spend $20 for a pair of shoes and then complain that my feet are soar. Or I'll buy a new pair of cheap dress shoes and end up wearing them to work until they are wrecked and really hurt.

I'm going to need a really good pair of shoes for shooting weddings...I'm not sure what to do about that yet. For now, I'll probably just buy new insoles or at least some gel inserts before a job.

hehe...see, I was in that same habit....I'm not anymore. The shoes I have now are Sketchers that were around $56. I'm willing to pay a bit more than that if I can find some GOOD shoes.

I've got my eyes on a nice style of shoes that I saw at Camper's Village. They are a cross between sandals and hiking shoes. Basically hiking shoes with openings all over the top & sides. They are fairly expensive $100+ but I do get a discount at that store.

I usually wear sandals all summer, except where I can't, at work. I could probably get away with these at work...but probably not the best look when shooting a wedding.

just yesterday a guy was raving about them, he twice used the word phenomenal to describe them.

Crocs look ugly to me.
And I would never be able to stand the feeling of plastic making my feet sweat all day. When I see someone wearing a pair, I can't help but think "smelly feet".

Also, if you have feet / leg problems, you need footwear tha supports you, not something that gives and slips. Also, the friction with the plastic could give you more blisters.

Or maybe they just look ugly to me and I'm making all that up.

Anyway, if you are willing to pay a bit more for good shoes, I'd recommend Rockport. I have owned a couple of pairs and they are excelent! Light, supportive, comfortable and elegant! Well, since Reebock bought them they've been making some ugly shoes also, but looking a bit you can find some cool ones.

Another brand I can recommend is Rohde. My wife talks wonders about them. May be a little hard to get in the US, though.

Crocs look ugly to me.
And I would never be able to stand the feeling of plastic making my feet sweat all day. When I see someone wearing a pair, I can't help but think "smelly feet".

Also, if you have feet / leg problems, you need footwear tha supports you, not something that gives and slips. Also, the friction with the plastic could give you more blisters.

Or maybe they just look ugly to me and I'm making all that up.

Anyway, if you are willing to pay a bit more for good shoes, I'd recommend Rockport. I have owned a couple of pairs and they are excelent! Light, supportive, comfortable and elegant! Well, since Reebock bought them they've been making some ugly shoes also, but looking a bit you can find some cool ones.

Another brand I can recommend is Rohde. My wife talks wonders about them. May be a little hard to get in the US, though.

Well, I'm reading a lot of reviews on the Crocs, and they aren't plastic, they are resin...and they are anti-microbial, so they don't make your feel smell, and they aren't a breeding ground for infections like a lot of shoes are. And the entire point of them when they were first made is that they were non-slip...they were first made and marketed towards boaters, because they are designed not to slip when wet.

And yes, they are ugly. But I'm looking for comfort!

I do also want a comfortable pair of regular shoes though...I'll look into Rockports.

My Mom has a pair and loves them, she works as a gardener so they are perfect for that. I'm not sure I'd use them for walking shoes though. About two years ago I bought a pair of Merrell shoes, almost like hiking boots but ankle height and I love them. They were probably $80 but they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned and I wear them almost all the time and they hardly look worn. I can't find the exact style that I have, they probably don't make it anymore, but it's similar to what they have under their "multi-sport" line on their website, www.merrell.com.

Well, I'm reading a lot of reviews on the Crocs, and they aren't plastic, they are resin...and they are anti-microbial, so they don't make your feel smell, and they aren't a breeding ground for infections like a lot of shoes are. And the entire point of them when they were first made is that they were non-slip...they were first made and marketed towards boaters, because they are designed not to slip when wet.

Ok, that was just my prejudism towards them ;)

And yes, they are ugly. But I'm looking for comfort!

But you are a beautiful girl, you shouldn't be trapped in ugly shoes! :wink:

my mom swears by SAS (San Antonio Shoes) brand shoes...says they're the most comfortable things ever. You may want to consider having a custom insert made for your feet...turns any shoe into a custom fit.

I own three (!!!!!) pairs. One pair is actually my work shoes (I'm a bartender). Obviously, I really like them, and I just look past the ugliness...

They have some cuter styles than the "beach" style that you see everywhere. Mary Janes, ballet slippers, flip flops... http://www.crocs.com

http://www.crocs.com

I've never heard of the Crocs, but I've always heard good things about Rockport.. my mom owned a pair, but they didn't fit her quite right.. she gave them to a friend of mine, who swears they're supportive (but they never go for extended hikes either, which is what the shoes are meant for in the first place)

I dunno.. I'm another one that just shops at Walmart/Payless.. I go for a mid-ranged hiker (30 to 50 dollars) and I'm generally content. If I'm not, I buy a cheap insole to line it with :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back