Suggestions for Host?

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by leopardforest, Sep 24, 2007.

1. leopardforest

leopardforest TPF Noob!

I am interested in making a website to display my photos on. Does anyone have any suggestions for a inexpensive hosting company? Also any suggestions on how to make a website or how to learn?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jeff Colburn

Jeff Colburn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Go to my website, The Creative Cauldron, at http://www.CreativeCauldron.com and check out the Articles page. You'll find about 30 articles on website design.

Also, take a look at my other site, Ten Common Mistakes Found On Websites, And How To Fix Them at http://www.tencommonwebmistakes.com and download the free report.

On my site you'll see links to WestHost. Click on the link to check them out. I've been using them and they're very good and have great tech support.

Have Fun,
    Jeff

3. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm using United-Hosting at the moment. Reasonably reliable, but they've had their moments at times.

If you want a good book on the basics of designing a website, I can recommend Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS from sitepoint. For me, that book is very readable and does a good job of steering you towards the use of Web Standards in a digestable fashion.

4. TheBrainchildGroup

TheBrainchildGroup TPF Noob!

Excellent info, Jeff!

Thanks for sharing. :)

-AS