Suggestions for photography projects or themes

benjyman345

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi,
Would like to hear others suggestions for personal projects and photography themes to undertake.

thanks

It sounds lame to say 'anything', but that's pretty much what does it for me. I'll assign myself a particular theme or topic that's relatively-easily accessible, yet difficult enough to make me think differently, and give myself a particular window of time to shoot what I can of it. For example, this past week I was focusing on 'signs'. Next week, I'm giving 'numbers' a shot. Etc...things that are open-ended enough that you can interpet them in many different ways, but also concise enough that it's not just 'buildings' or 'people' or something.

Hope that helps.

Pick something that you like or you would like to learn about. make sure it's pretty specific so you can focus on your topic without getting overwhelmed. My dad just rescently decided to do this. He wanted to make an album of old barns. Think about where you live and what is available to you, but don't confine yourself to choosing an item or physical thing. You can also shoot themes or ideas like wet, round, blue, parallel lines, etc.

Most reactions

Back