Suggestions

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by .vr6Love, May 10, 2007.

1. .vr6Love

.vr6Love TPF Noob!

Hey, whats goin on everyone.. lately ive been really thinking of getting into photography. Not professionally or anything but more as a hobby, more specifically for when i go around to different car shows and what not.

I was wondering if you guys knew of a camera that is popular amoung photographers who take pictures of cars and what not. Im not lookin to spend an arm and a leg just get a nice camera so i can practice and take nice shots.

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can you quantify "an arm and a leg". I would suggest a very cheap SLR something you can build on. A Canon EOS400D or the even cheaper Nikon D40x but I have no idea how much your limbs are worth.

3. .vr6Love

.vr6Love TPF Noob!

i mean like im not lookin to spend like over a grand on a camera.. i guess my limbs really arent worth that much :p Also how much those camera's go for? if possible lets say CDN but if not USD is fine :)

EDIT:: also would it be better to go with a DSLR or just a SLR for something like this..

4. motcon

motcon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    sure they are. if i can sell your liver for 10 grand, i'm sure i could get at least 2 grand for a fresh limb on dry ice. if manicured, possibly a little over 2 grand. if camera is still attached to said limb, call it 3 grand.

i'm with Garbz on this one.

any other types of shooting (subjects) that you plan to pursue?

5. .vr6Love

.vr6Love TPF Noob!

i dunno maybe do the occasional shooting of other random stuff (landscapes, animals, etc etc ) every now and then.. im not trying 2 do this as a job.. just trying to pick up a new hobby. i would like to be a good photographer, always been interested just never got around to it.. but mostly its for cars.