Suggestions

.vr6Love

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, whats goin on everyone.. lately ive been really thinking of getting into photography. Not professionally or anything but more as a hobby, more specifically for when i go around to different car shows and what not.

I was wondering if you guys knew of a camera that is popular amoung photographers who take pictures of cars and what not. Im not lookin to spend an arm and a leg just get a nice camera so i can practice and take nice shots.

Can you quantify "an arm and a leg". I would suggest a very cheap SLR something you can build on. A Canon EOS400D or the even cheaper Nikon D40x but I have no idea how much your limbs are worth.

Can you quantify "an arm and a leg". I would suggest a very cheap SLR something you can build on. A Canon EOS400D or the even cheaper Nikon D40x but I have no idea how much your limbs are worth.
i mean like im not lookin to spend like over a grand on a camera.. i guess my limbs really arent worth that much :p Also how much those camera's go for? if possible lets say CDN but if not USD is fine :)

EDIT:: also would it be better to go with a DSLR or just a SLR for something like this..

i mean like im not lookin to spend like over a grand on a camera.. i guess my limbs really arent worth that much :p

sure they are. if i can sell your liver for 10 grand, i'm sure i could get at least 2 grand for a fresh limb on dry ice. if manicured, possibly a little over 2 grand. if camera is still attached to said limb, call it 3 grand.

I would suggest a very cheap SLR something you can build on.

i'm with Garbz on this one.

any other types of shooting (subjects) that you plan to pursue?

sure they are. if i can sell your liver for 10 grand, i'm sure i could get at least 2 grand for a fresh limb on dry ice. if manicured, possibly a little over 2 grand. if camera is still attached to said limb, call it 3 grand.

i'm with Garbz on this one.

any other types of shooting (subjects) that you plan to pursue?

i dunno maybe do the occasional shooting of other random stuff (landscapes, animals, etc etc ) every now and then.. im not trying 2 do this as a job.. just trying to pick up a new hobby. i would like to be a good photographer, always been interested just never got around to it.. but mostly its for cars.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back