Summer's Light, an HDR.

Very nice. It probably looks even better in a larger version when you can see all the details such as the cows.

There's also a brown and white llama in there too that you can see in the full version. You would be able to see iti n a 12x18 print.

awesome photo. I think it was you who described in detail how you do this. would you mind doing this again? I have a hard time making HDR work in PS2.

please and thank you.

Woodsac explained how to create HDR's using CS2 and Photomatix in a thread a while ago. I use a similar process to what he does. I think the only difference is that I make sure my images all have the same WB and I incorporate lightroom into my process.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79744

I use lightroom to import and browse my images, match the WB's, export as TIFF's to a subfolder, open Photomatix, Generate my HDR, do my base tonemapping, export as a TIFF into another subfolder, import back into lightroom, finish the tonemapping in there, do more advanced color correction, than export into CS2 if needed to do adjustments that need layers, or go into Neatimage to get rid of some noise becuase it can be brutal in HDR's. Do everythign as TIFF files so that you can keep as much information as possible.

How many exposures do you usually use for your HDR blends?

Great shot by the way...guess thats kinda redundant!!!

This is so beyond perfect :) LOVE it. Just looking at it makes me feel at peace.

Thank you! :D

I usually use 3 exposures 2 stops apart form eachother. Sometimes i'll do an overall exposure compensation, meaning when i'm shooting, i'll set my camera to say, half stop over expose, but still leave bracketing on. that way I can maximize the 'shadow' detail but not quite to the point where i'm blowing out the highlights in the underexposed shot. See what I mean?

Sw1tch:
Fantastic image, great job!
If I may ask, what software do you use for HDR and what plugin or program did you use to create the framing around the shot.

Thank you and again great job!

Paul.

Like I said above, I use a combination of Photomatix, CS2, and Lightroom.

That's a beautiful photo. Looks like a landscape oil painting. I've been trying to figure out how to make beautiful landscape photo's like that but I just cant seem to make them look nice. Is the secret to good landscape photo's a wide angle lens? I dunno... I'm not having this difficulty with other subjects.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back