Sunset Silhouette

I would like it better if the silhouette was solid and the legs were together.

Sorry, I was away for a bit on a hiking trip so I didn't get to look back at this until now.

I did do a re-crop and re-edit of this which moved her in the frame and falls a little better within the rule of thirds. This is it:

img40108x10.jpg

I don't usually bother to post the story and issues with taking the photo when I post stuff online, but because of the critiques I'll just talk a little bit about it.

This was at a beach on an island. Because of how dark it was (the original picture is MUCH darker than this) I had to set up on a tripod. Due to the positions of rocks and such, I was a little limited for locations. I actually did try moving up and down and moving her around but I kept running into the problem where the top of her head would blend into the island behind her. I also did have her move her legs and arms around a little bit, but it never really looked good when her legs were together. It just looked like a big black blob.

I won't get a chance to retake this exact shot for about a year I think, but if I can get us out to another similar location I'll try to do it better and with what you all said in mind.

Nice image, I agree with what other people have said though, a lower angle and a different composition would completely change the photograph, and in my opinion would really improve it.

I absolutely love the colours though, absolutely stunning!!

Extremely cool shot, and I actually like it the way it is.

However, as many said, tossing her a bit more off-center might make YOU feel better about the image. As I say, I like it as is.

As someone else said, I was also aware of the fact that the woman was a bit "sturdier" than I expected, and I think that draws the eye a little bit. (Please don't tell whomever this is that I said that!) :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back