Superbowl XL Predicitions!

Who Will WIN the SuperBowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man that game was crap...those first 6 points of the Steelers made me cry. I'm glad at least that "fumble" flag was recalled...at least one thing went right.

Bias sure does give someone the longest run in Super Bowl History...

And before anyone says anything, I'm a Packers fan.

Fun game (starting in the 2nd half)

I was :drool:ing all over the preview for V for Vendetta.

hobbes28 said:
Bias sure does give someone the longest run in Super Bowl History...

And before anyone says anything, I'm a Packers fan.

And the Seahawks earned their TD. Lets call that even.

Maybe the Seahawks wouldnt have won the game if the right calls were made. But you really cannot tell me that there was a bit of a bias during this game. Not only during the game but during commercials and the few weeks leading up to the SB. The Steelers got the majority (at least 85-90%) of the coverage while they had to break from the love fest to cover the Seahawks.

This was the biggest game in Seattle history. Hands down. And the way it was covered through the media was a bit disheartening. Instead of taking pride in our team we had to watch the entire country side with the Steelers and then get barely any coverage. It was horrible and really left us with a bitter taste.

So maybe saying that the game was handed to the Steelers was a bit over the top. At the time I made that statement we had lost. I was angry and to the point that I would have given the refs a piece of my mind. Im over it now. Its time to wait for baseball season to start. Besides, I never was that into football in the first place.

;)

I don't know if that first touchdown should've happened or not. It looked a lot to me like pass interference. I think what happens is that the referees are so strict during that game that calls we would normally see go by, get called. It didn't help that Madden was clearly a Seahawks fan either because he really made it sound like Seattle was getting jipped on every play. Like with that fumble that was called back at the end. They said fumble and showed a replay and Madden was saying that by being touched in the side by the defender, he was down by contact. Even when the play was reviewed and called back because of his elbow being down, he was still going on about how it was down by contact. I just wanted them both to stuff it. They should show the Superbowl on two stations, one of them being without the commentary.

On the same token, I didn't watch TV any last week so I didn't see any of the commercials leading up to the game. I did notice that they were only showing Steelers in those winning commercials and thought that was a bit odd. The only thing I thought it could've been was because the Steelers have won before so they were "allowed" to take pictures with the trophy?.?. I don't know about that but it was odd.

AAAaannnd I would've been a lot happier to see the Giants against the Colts anyway. That would've been a gooood game.

hobbes28 said:
.......ct during that game that calls we would normally see go by, get called. It didn't help that Madden was clearly a Seahawks fan either because he really made it sound like Seattle was getting jipped on every play. Like with that fumble that was called back at the end. They said fumble an.......
it was so loud in the room that I was in I couldn't hear anything he said... The people would only stop talking while the commercials were on... :lol:

And speaking of the commercials, I didn't think they were all that good this time. :x I did like the one in the hospital room, with the doctor zapping the fly with the paddles. That was good.

It kind of escaped me that the trophy photos were mainly of Steelers. I just loved looking at them - they were beautifully done. Lots of emotion in them. :thumbup:

terri said:
I did like the one in the hospital room, with the doctor zapping the fly with the paddles. That was good.
hehe... that was funny. I also liked Bud's Stadium Cards.

hobbes28 said:
I don't know if that first touchdown should've happened or not. It looked a lot to me like pass interference. I think what happens is that the referees are so strict during that game that calls we would normally see go by, get called. It didn't help that Madden was clearly a Seahawks fan either because he really made it sound like Seattle was getting jipped on every play. Like with that fumble that was called back at the end. They said fumble and showed a replay and Madden was saying that by being touched in the side by the defender, he was down by contact. Even when the play was reviewed and called back because of his elbow being down, he was still going on about how it was down by contact. I just wanted them both to stuff it. They should show the Superbowl on two stations, one of them being without the commentary.

On the same token, I didn't watch TV any last week so I didn't see any of the commercials leading up to the game. I did notice that they were only showing Steelers in those winning commercials and thought that was a bit odd. The only thing I thought it could've been was because the Steelers have won before so they were "allowed" to take pictures with the trophy?.?. I don't know about that but it was odd.

AAAaannnd I would've been a lot happier to see the Giants against the Colts anyway. That would've been a gooood game.

But that call wasnt made the entire game. They called PI on Jackson and that was it. I saw the same exact thing happen, especially from the Steelers side, the entire game. That was what got to me.

Oh well. I am no longer bitter. I got that out of my system. Like I said, its time to patiently (or not patiently since I will likely start going through baseball withdrawals very soon) wait for baseball season to start. Pitchers and catchers report very soon.:)

I don't know if you Americans got the same commercials as we did. The best one that I saw was for Bud Light I think. The magic beer fridge?

"Guys get in here, the magic beer fridge is back again"

bace said:
I don't know if you Americans got the same commercials as we did. The best one that I saw was for Bud Light I think. The magic beer fridge?

"Guys get in here, the magic beer fridge is back again"

I almost fell out of my chair during that commercial.

Soul Rebel said:
I almost fell out of my chair during that commercial.

Yeah...exactly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back