voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few shots from the roll of Velvia on my 35mm system.

Sunset was nice this evening.
superstition05.jpg

superstition06.jpg

Next day:

superstition07.jpg

superstition08.jpg

superstition09.jpg

This is all practice for the big show coming up in a week or two when the wildflowers bloom.

These are gorgeous!

I'm particularly fond of #1(for the rich tones) and #3 for the tones as well as dof - stunning.

vonnagy said:
karissa said:
Can I move next door?
don't tempt the mods young lady! :mrgreen:

Sorry sir... :angel: I just wanted to be able to witness such a site in person. Wow it's gorgeous! I love the open space. I miss it. The city grew in around me where I'm at. :cry:

This whole set is great voo! The silhouettes are very nice and fitting for the desert atmosphere.

Oh - here are the rest! :D hmmm....

#1) 'Splain that purple sky.... confess if you PS'd it!! CONFESS!!! It doesn't look like it came from a lil ole roll of Velvia, but if I'm wrong you can ***** slap me. k? :wink:

#2) Yes, it's as utterly perfect as you think it is. Stunning image. Love it!!! :D

#3) ...is this the one you rescanned and lost some of the sky...? :scratch: Or just a similar shot with the cool log in the front? &lt;must check to see> Regardless, this one obviously has the polarizer and looks beautiful.

#4) Near perfection, but I want to see the top of the cactus.... :cry:

#5) See #4..... but damn, what a beautiful capture!! Am I being too picky here about the cactus tops?? :blulsh2:

I wish I could be there....I miss AZ!!!!!

Thanks Terri :D

I didn't do any photoshop work to give it that purple sky. It was sunset and it was overcast over the mountains. I also used a Polarizer on that shot.

#3 is with the same log from the one taken with the Yashicamat. I didn't lose any sky. It's a problem with wide angle lenses and a polarizer. The sun is over my right shoulder.

I like #1, but would like to see a little more sky, like #5 the most of the sunsets :thumbsup:
So this is only practice?

:scratch: did change the image 3? for some reason its not looking as dark... but regardless its my kind of shot. I love it!

vonnagy said:
:scratch: did change the image 3? for some reason its not looking as dark... but regardless its my kind of shot. I love it!
Nope, didn't change it. Are you looking through the same monitor?

confess if you PS'd it!! CONFESS!!! It doesn't look like it came from a lil ole roll of Velvia

lol.....I have tons of pictures from the Superstition and Red Mountain area that look just like that (color wise) and get asked what filter mask I used to make everything so red/orange. While it's called the 'magic hour'..... on good days you'll get a 'grand finale' of super saturated red/orange just like that and it only last up to 5 minutes at best. It is sometimes hard to shoot though because it does come out a bit dark.

Awsome pics voodoo. I was missing my wide angle lenses last week so I have decided to plunk down for a 18-35 zoom. With that I was planning on heading out there and do some wide angle hyperfocal stuff when the flowers let loose. Somewhere you said they hadn't shown up yet but looked 'almost' ready?

I was planning on heading out there and do some wide angle hyperfocal stuff when the flowers let loose. Somewhere you said they hadn't shown up up yet but looked 'almost' ready?
Yeah, they are almost there. Lots of buds and there are going to be tons of flowers this year. Let me know if you want to meet up for a photo excursion. I plan on shooting a lot since it's only about 25 minutes away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back