lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really like what I catured in this picture but the swing set made it look so cluttered.
best-friends.jpg

So I messed around a bit and tried removing it. Let me know what you think, give sugggestions and such, does it just look messy, I'm not ver happy with the back corner.

hola-hoop-best-bet-yet.jpg

WOW!!!
I'm not good in forgering photos, so this work of yours looks great to me!

Now I'm also very interested in seeing some critiques by PS pros on this one!

quite smart, not usually easy to remove objects which spreads everywhere.

And it's also nice cover up using b/w with what I can figure out as a slight sepia tint? plus reducing the size.

I think it looks good. I agree the back corner needs some work. The only thing I would suggest would be to try to avoid repeating noticiable patterns. There are a few in the snow, you could try cloning the snow from a second photo which shows more snow or if you don't have one just use the clone and heal tool to remove some of the more noticable patterns. You might also try using the heal tool in the back corner. Overall you did a great job, it really improves the image IMHO.

Good job! I have a hard time with shots of children and dogs, but this frame is fun!!! The edit seems like a lot of work, so extra credit. I am wondering if you posted only the edit; would anyone notice said swing set removal? I know I would not have.

Critically; the loss of color is a bummer in the second version. Opening (your daughter?) the subjects face is noticeable. In this case I would lasso her face, feather the pixels by 12 (or something) and then hit levels. This way you can open the area using shadows, mid tones and highlights.

Personally; I like to keep shots like the first frame in my memory banks. Helps me to consider the position of every single detail in the viewfinder for the next time.

Thanks for the responces greatly appreciated! Definitly all a learning process, and building of the memory banks, taking into concideration background and clutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back