Sylvia

Mieke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture from my shoot with Sylvia.
I used natural light! The composition isn't that good maybe but it's not easy because I'm sitting in a wheelchair.

I'm looking out for some feedback :)

_DSC1644_zpssrvngyh4.jpg

Not bad; it is a bit of a higher camera angle than might be ideal, but if you're limited in your mobility, then that's understandable. Perhaps next time, consider asking the model to sit/stand/kneel so that their face is a little closer to your eye level.

Not bad; it is a bit of a higher camera angle than might be ideal, but if you're limited in your mobility, then that's understandable. Perhaps next time, consider asking the model to sit/stand/kneel so that their face is a little closer to your eye level.

Thank you for the feedback!

I think it's a nice, spontanious portrait of a lovely young woman.
I'd absolutely cut a part of the bottom and leave some more space above the models head, darken the visible parts of her dress and slightly darken the models face, just my idea.
Success!

View attachment 133160

Thank you for the advice! So I can learn :)

This is a picture from my shoot with Sylvia.
I used natural light! The composition isn't that good maybe but it's not easy because I'm sitting in a wheelchair.

I'm looking out for some feedback :)

_DSC1644_zpssrvngyh4.jpg

CLASSIC look and composition. has a very 1960's feel to it, with the minimal makeup and the simple dress style and deep tan with tanlines look. About the only thing I would change is to slightly darken the shoulders area on the dress with a little bit of burn tool application. I personally would not crop any off of the top or off the bottom of the frame.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

CLASSIC look and composition. has a very 1960's feel to it, with the minimal makeup and the simple dress style and deep tan with thanlines look. About the only thing I would change is to slightly darken the shoulders area on the dress with a little bit od burn tool application. I personally would not crop any off of the tip or off the bottom of the frame.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much !

I totally agree with Derrel. I think the photo is very lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really LIKED your picture so, so much that I wanted to edit it a bit in Lightroom, just to see it in another, slightly different light. It has that certain something that makes it a very nice portrait image.

I took a simple, multi-step adjustment to it. Slight tooth brightening. Then burned down the dress sleeves. Added a vignette. Darkened the green grass. it's not perfect, but it is another interpretation of her. For some reason, this remnds me of the type of female, outdoor portraiture looks I used to see in the Hasselblad guide pamphlets...there is just something very European about the setting, the subject, the way she's dressed.

If you'd like this removed, I'll remove it as soon as you say so.

_DSC1644_zpssrvngyh4snow Jan 12_2017.JPG

I really LIKED your picture so, so much that I wanted to edit it a bit in Lightroom, just to see it in another, slightly different light. It has that certain something that makes it a very nice portrait image.

I took a simple, multi-step adjustment to it. Slight tooth brightening. Then burned down the dress sleeves. Added a vignette. Darkened the green grass. it's not perfect, but it is another interpretation of her. For some reason, this remnds me of the type of female, outdoor portraiture looks I used to see in the Hasselblad guide pamphlets...there is just something very European about the setting, the subject, the way she's dressed.

If you'd like this removed, I'll remove it as soon as you say so.

View attachment 133306

Hey Derrel,

I like the way you edit the picture. I'm not so good at it yet. I want to learn more about editing to make my pictures better :)
So thank you for the explaining what you did! I appriciate it!
You don't have to remove them. I like it when I see what other people do with my picture :)

not bad at all.
get her to fix her hair a bit and you're golden

Most reactions

New Topics

Back