Taipei Station

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by MrMatthieu, May 11, 2007.

1. MrMatthieu

MrMatthieu TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi everyone,

For the few who have already seen my picture, I just want to say that I am changing my mind about Photography and Internet. I left this forum quit sad because of the lack of constructiv comment to my opinion.

I was waiting too much from criticism to help me , I understand that most of the people just prefer to watch for picture without comment . I grow up and I understand that it is only me who can improve my picture.

SO I post here a few of my recent picture in Taipei. My style has been greatly influenced by a french street photographer I met in France and who supported and encouraged me a lot.

So just have a look at thi spicture and give comment if you want :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicagophotoshop

Chicagophotoshop TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 is my favorite, good angle . #5 is scary haha

3. JustAMom

JustAMom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    there are a few i love!

the first and second one are great. but the colors in the 3rd one pop and im very drawn to it! i think thats my fave, but its a close call between those first 3!

4. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok, I will just comment on the first and number 5 ... well , of course because they are my favourites :)

1: I like the colours, black with red, and some white structure. and the feeling of frozen motion with the girl. The only thing bothering me slightly is the composition. It is somewhere in between lines being parallel to the image borders, and the lines being totally off any parallelity with the borders. I could imagine, that both extremes could be more interesting, than the current composition. Having the white stripes at around 45° could look interesting. This is all speculation of course and I guess you maybe had not much choice when taking the image :)

5: this one is really nice, and the shallow DOF serves it well. Is that really lens bokeh in the background? it almost looks a bit like motion blur.
    Anyway, in this image lots of lines seem to draw you into the face of the child, which appears illuminated in an almost spooky way, as if by the display of its mobile phone.

The skin coulour seems a bit off, but that might be the ambient light?
    There is a bit much empty space over the head, how would it look with a square or at least non-2:3 crop?

5. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The first one is my favorite, it has strong graphical elements in it, and the whole thing with the lines can't be helped unless you could swing and tilt your lens. The first one has pincussion distortion though, and should be fixed.

6. Alex_B

Photos NOT OK to edit
    one could rotate the camera 45° .. not sure it would improve the image, but that was my idea.

7. MrMatthieu

MrMatthieu TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Chicago : Thanks

Justamom: Thank you , if you like brightcolours I am not surprised you like the 3 st one :D

Alex: Thank sfor comment.
    The 1: I took this shot from a bridge under the rain. I try to keep some spontaneity in the composition on some of my picture. This one it is true I know I coule maybe change a few think as you suggest ;)

The 5: This is the image directly taken by the camera, absolutly no post treatment, no crop, and I tell you I will never add photoshop blur on a picture :mrgreen: , never ever because I find the result always very bad and it is against my religion. I can do colour post treatment but no blur

You are right for the empty scape, will trey the crop
    Thanks

Mat

8. Alex_B

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was not suggesting that you did ;) .. just the bokeh looks different from what my lenses give ;)

I agree, again, electronic blur looks very strange and I do not like it either.

(Although I guess one could write an algorithm to mimic aperture blur quite precisely, but noone seems to do it ...)

9. MrMatthieu

MrMatthieu TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    For your information I used for this shot Canon 5D+ 50 mm 1,4 USM which is really much more beter than the basic 50 mm 1,8 I had before ;)

10. DRodgers

DRodgers TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Interesting pov on your images I think they could be a bit better in terms of composition it seems they are a bit random..
    It is a style i would continue to develop ..

number 5 is my favorite.

11. Alex_B

Photos NOT OK to edit
    one of my combinations too.. a quite amazing lens, right? :) .. and 1.4 can give you some fairly shallow DOF :)

12. MrMatthieu

MrMatthieu TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sw1tchFx thanks, there are distosion it is true it is due to the lens , I have Canon 28-300+ Full Frame 5D, I cope with these distorsions and I refuse to correct it on each picture :) , I try to minimize the correction ;)