Take it slow

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Not one of my most exciting shots, but still kind of like it. Anyone else like it? Anyways to improve? This sign is near by and can shoot again. Lay it on me. Thanks!

006.jpg

You could try a shorter DoF - blurring out the background a little...

Something witty is missing about this picture, I think. OK, the sign says "go very slowly", but I miss the POINT in the photo, something that would make me look twice, like a blurred car speeding past or a very slow-going animal crawling past, something of the kind, you see? A child on a tricycle, whatever... something to add a bit of story to the sign.

The above poster is correct. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a point to the picture. What exactly are you trying to achieve in it? Why did you choose to take a picture of that object, etc, etc. You need to create some interest in it.

I 'think' the point is that ostensibly there is no road, but I agree with the other posters, it doesn't really jump out at you.

Seeing a stationary animal next to it would be v. funny (sepecially if it was a cow grazing or something like that)

I like your idea though (if I've got it )

andycarnall has the point...there is no road. I wish there was a trail going right next to this sign, as if it was telling hikers the speed limit is 15.

There were no animals around and the grass behind the sign is a big hill...not much to work with.

But i would agree with everyone, there needs to be more kick, just don't think it's going to happen at this location. Oh well.

if the point is that there is no road, i think i would have panned back a bit to capture the desolateness of it and how ridiculous the sign is... up this close, it's impossible to tell that the road isn't just out of the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back