Taronga Zoo, Sydney

Bafana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few of my favourites from my day out...

cnv00099yj.jpg

cnv00084rp.jpg

cnv00114lo.jpg

cnv00075tz.jpg

So what do you guys think?

#1 is fantastic. the ibex or chamois or whatever the heck they are, make an amazing contrast to the Sydney skyline (which everyone can recognize due to the Opera House). Did you have to climb something to find that point of view?

That zoo alone with its view makes me want to fly all the way to Australia (again)! And then I'd stop over at Sydney for longer than just the transit stop I took in 1996 in order to go on to Adelaide (first Melbourne to spend the night then Adelaide).

As to the chimpanzee pic - with that one I would have loved to see a much longer DOF that would have included the second one in the background, mostly so because it is THAT one that looks towards us...

surfingfireman said:
Did you have to climb something to find that point of view?
Nope, taken from the walkway i think, or maybe i stood on a small stump, hmmm to be honest I dont really remember now...

And I put the new in newbie, whats DOF? :oops:

DOF = depth of field., and btw (by the way) Great shots!! Looks like a wonderful zoo!!, insipers me to go visit the toronto zoo, localy.. might be interesting there in the dead of winter! I think it would have been imossible to get enough DOF in the chimpanzee pics due to the low lighting conditions, but possibly for creative effect, it is interesting. I took the same type of pic of my wife and her best friend in a pool, and liked the result., a lower perspective would have been nice, with the front chimpanzee slightly blocking the one in the background. just an idea.

nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back