Teenage Years (WARNING)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying a new processing technique. And whilst trying that, I decided to push the envelope a little bit without actually doing anything obscene. This might offend some people though, so, I will warn you again.

WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

Okay, here we go:
Teenage Years:
_DSC7848-Edit-Edit.jpg

Critique, comments appreciated.

What are you listening to?

The green tint (on skin) is a bit odd and not really conducive to the image at large.

What are you listening to?

The green tint (on skin) is a bit odd and not really conducive to the image at large.

I wasn't listening to anything. The earphones just seemed to fit the whole teenage thing to me. I was doing self-portraits of the normal variety and decided I'd push the edge a tiny bit.

The green tint was a cross-negative processing technique I'm trying out and I was hoping to give the image a bit of a surreal appeal, but I guess that didn't work well. Eh, just trying something new. Guess it wasn't a good end result. Thanks for the comments Kundalini.

I think it's a good idea, but the headphones distract more than they add to the image. Also, I've seen very few cross-processing shots that weren't a dark scenes but still worked well.

haha. Thats pretty funny. Nice work

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm gonna work another version without the cross-processing and see what happens.

I'll just throw it up in this thread.

If anything, I just hoped to get people to laugh a little bit, or be able to relate (hopefully not TOO much). And maybe make people a little uneasy. Did I succeed?

I think you got the point across without being explicit. Good job.

I like it, but i don't feel it's edgy enough to be great. It's more cute than anything.

I like it, but i don't feel it's edgy enough to be great. It's more cute than anything.

Hey, I don't mind cute. I just felt that it needed to have a vibrant look or else it'd come across more creepy than anything, and creepy wasn't my intent. I guess I'll just have to try harder to be edgy, haha.

Personally, I love it. The green, the headphones, everything. The image is really fresh and original. The ideas presented maybe a little cliched, but very funny/telling nevertheless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back