Testing out the new D300

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Just got my D300 the other day... to be honest, I didn't totally like it coming from a D50... but it's starting to grow on me now, its a lot of camera :)

anyways here are some shots with it... still trying to figure out what settings work best

1)
dsc0304ud2.jpg

2) New Summer Rubber :)
dsc0294vo0.jpg

3)
dsc0344xv2.jpg

4)
dsc0323ib9.jpg

5)
dsc0097br8.jpg

6)
dsc0084pq5.jpg

Is it just me or are #5 & #7 the same photo??

Regardless, it/they are my favorite out of the whole bunch.

I like the composition as well as the way the colors are reflected off the snow in the foreground.

The only thing I'd change about that one would be the green lens flare to the bottom left of the lamp-post.

I'm not into cars... or photos of them so they don't do anything for me although they are nice and crisp. ;)

ttfn
CDL.

I like all of them, but the landscape are the most. I love the glow of that sunlight.

Is it just me or are #5 & #7 the same photo??

Regardless, it/they are my favorite out of the whole bunch.

I like the composition as well as the way the colors are reflected off the snow in the foreground.

The only thing I'd change about that one would be the green lens flare to the bottom left of the lamp-post.

I'm not into cars... or photos of them so they don't do anything for me although they are nice and crisp. ;)

ttfn
CDL.

Thanks, yea they are the same... I've fixed it now, it was a long day :)

I like all of them, but the landscape are the most. I love the glow of that sunlight.

Umm, lets just say i love three and five for certain!

1 and 5 are my favorites :thumbup:

3 would be better if it wasn't so dark?

3, and the scenery ones are pretty good in my eyes, the other's are descent. Seems like you need to take pictures of something alittle bit more original, the tires are a good start.

3, and the scenery ones are pretty good in my eyes, the other's are descent. Seems like you need to take pictures of something alittle bit more original, the tires are a good start.

yea i have to get out to some more interesting spots, i was just shooting around the neighborhood because I know how it reacts to my old camera very well

Here's another shot from it

dsc0312zj2.jpg

And a quick review...

I ordered it from a site I've never heard of before (us1photo.com) but I read a few reviews and the camera came brand new in the box with the US warranty. I got it for 160$ off the normal price with free shipping and no tax so I can't really complain. I also ordered a high speed 16gb card with it as well. I know I've been on a camera equipment buying spree lately but I shoot weddings and it doesn't hurt quite so much when that pays for all your equipment.

Anyways the camera is amazing, it took a little while to grow into though. Its a pro camera and I can't really recommend it unless your really into photography, its heavy, not small, and expensive. That being said, if your into photography the benefits are amazing. The 51-point autofocus system is dead on (and programable for each of your lenses), the high iso performance is amazing (I can get acceptable ISO3200 shots), the view finder is huge and gives 100% coverage, the camera has built in chromatic abreviation correction, and the 3" 922,000 dot LCD is beautiful. The all magnesium-alloy/weather sealed body and glass LCD covers make sure the camera will last a long long time. It also has sensor cleaning and the shutter is rated for 150,000 shots. I really can't complain. I love the speed, I'm getting over 6fps on full 12.3mp, and it never feels like the camera is lagging behind. Its a ton of camera and I'm still trying to get used to all its features (instruction book is 400+ pages). The color rendition is awesome, it saves me from having to do PP work 90% of the time. I'll report back periodically with new features comments on it. Anyways heres a few quick shots (right off the camera pretty much) with it.

and a few shots of it...

dsc0001rb5.jpg

dsc0008op9.jpg

I like the 5th one just like others have said, but i would probably like the first shot the most if more of the car was in the picture... what surface was the car on to get the water reflection so smooth?

I also like the 4th shot. But that may just be because I'm a car nut.. *shrugs*

I like the 5th one just like others have said, but i would probably like the first shot the most if more of the car was in the picture... what surface was the car on to get the water reflection so smooth?

I also like the 4th shot. But that may just be because I'm a car nut.. *shrugs*

The first picture was just the car in a puddle in a parking lot, I wanted to try out a weird composition because I hate taking pictures that look like everyone elses. I liked the 4th shot too :)

i def like the first and the third one... the second one would be cool but the chalk or writing on the tire treds is distracting... the third has a sweet lookin car in the sunset... haha.. good color and shineyness to the car... the first i like cause of the reflection.. very clear. the last one seems a bit too sharp or grainy... i dunno which... or it could simply be the snow putting a damper on my interest... anyway, good work man...

Most reactions

Back