Thanks for an Amazing Year!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today marks exactly 1 year since I bought my camera, wow, what a year!!

First and foremost I have to say a HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to all of you here at TPF. I went back and read some of my first posts for C&C and I have to say that I got the most amazing responses. I could easily list a whole bunch of people who helped me along the way but I'd be sure to miss someone so I'm not even going to attempt it ;) I think you know who you are and I hope I expressed my gratitude along the way, I appreciate each and every response I get to a thread, the good, the bad, and the ugly .

I`m happy to say that I now UNDERSTAND what the hell everyone was saying to me back then! lol I remember at the time reading the responses and understanding very little and feeling very overwhelmed, but my obsessive personality took care of it and carried me forward with my camera firmly in front of my face.

I made tons of mistakes, repeatedly, underexposure was commonplace as I pieced together the basics of how the camera received and translated light on very basic levels. I was one of those who were afraid of ISO and noise and avoided it like the plague. Eventually I broke down and took about a week of shooting auto ISO and I was totally enlightened and no longer afraid of ISO. Being honest I think that was one of the biggest breakthroughs for me, it opened up a whole new world of possibilities.

When I first started shooting I was certain that wildlife was my thing. If it had at least two feet and a heartbeat it wasn`t spared from the click (I have the squirrel and bird shots to prove it!). Now I`m not so sure. I love critters, I love nature, I love taking pictures of both... but ... as I learned what my gear can do, and what I can do with it, my creative side went ... whoa... back this truck up there little missy! Lets play!!

And play I have, I regretted my username here but upon reflection I think it may be more accurate than I would have liked ;) I`m currently bouncing around from genre to genre taking a little taste from each and wanting more of it all. I`m learning so so so much right now, every day seems to bring a new piece of the puzzle to play with.

Sm4him actually said something in a thread recently, Sharon expressed it beautifuly by saying ``I do LOVE it when others like my work, that strokes my ego--but the CREATING, that strokes my soul.`` I read that and thought, yes, perfect.

So thanks for putting up with me for a whole year everyone! Can't wait to see what the next one brings!

Sm4him actually said something in a thread recently, Sharon expressed it beautifuly by saying ``I do LOVE it when others like my work, that strokes my ego--but the CREATING, that strokes my soul.`` I read that and thought, yes, perfect.
That's a nice quote !

Nice post aswel, keep on shooting.
Keep creating threads, and photos. :)

You're among the better "newer" members on here. We're just as lucky to have you and your attitude as you are to have me.... er, I mean US. Yeah. US. That's what I meant. *cough*

Anyway, speaking from experience... you'll always look back on the shots you took a year ago and go "holy cow, I've learned a lot". Or at least, I imagine you will... I certainly haven't yet hit a point where I don't. :)

Congrats on your 1 year.

From your behavior you don't seem like a newbie.
You seem like an actual adult who has decided to master a craft and recognizes the necessary work that must go into that.

Happy anniversary.

If I personally ever hurt your feelings, well, I'm a little sorry.

Lew :lovey:

WooHoo!! Year one under your belt! Can't wait to see what you come up w/ in year two!!:hug::

I also started about the same time as you. And like you i have seen myself evolve as my general understanding of photography is strengthened.

I'm not quite as far along as you but sure made great progress this year. I have learned a ton by reading your questions and others responses to your threads. You always go in with some basic knowledge when creating a thread making it much easier to get down to the answer. Now that I think of it the percentage of useful information always seems to be higher when you are driving the questions.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is thanks for helping me too along your journey.

So thanks for putting up with me for a whole year everyone! Can't wait to see what the next one brings!

Aw, shucks! :blushing: Since writing constitutes part of my profession, it's nice to know that every once in a while I manage to say something that actually resonates with someone. :D That has become part of my artist's statement.

I was gonna say that if you continue to progress the way you have this year, you'll blow my stuff out of the water pretty soon...but then I realized you already left me behind months ago. :lol:
I have enjoyed seeing some of your more "artistic" endeavors, as well as the nature stuff.

I had no idea it had been such a short span of time that you had been behind the eyepiece!!! These days when I open one of your threads I expect good pictures, good attitude, and good responses. I'm glad you are here!

Only here for a quick second and was so happy to see all your responses! I'm feelin' the luv!! Thanks so much everyone :lovey:

To celebrate, I think Mr Rabbit should take you out for dinner.

480sparky said:
To celebrate, I think Mr Rabbit should take you out for dinner.

Lol good timing! Mr Rabbit just got home and I peeked in here while I pondered what to make us to eat... Hmmm lol

I like rabbits.

That's a nice quote !

Nice post aswel, keep on shooting.
Keep creating threads, and photos.
Thanks Dikkie :)
You're among the better "newer" members on here. We're just as lucky to have you and your attitude as you are to have me.... er, I mean US. Yeah. US. That's what I meant. *cough*

Anyway, speaking from experience... you'll always look back on the shots you took a year ago and go "holy cow, I've learned a lot". Or at least, I imagine you will... I certainly haven't yet hit a point where I don't.

Congrats on your 1 year.
Aw shucks, commere and gimme some bunny luv!
tuzki17.gif

From your behavior you don't seem like a newbie.
You seem like an actual adult who has decided to master a craft and recognizes the necessary work that must go into that.

Happy anniversary.

If I personally ever hurt your feelings, well, I'm a little sorry.

Lew
Thanks so much Lew :lovey:
I think I've escaped unscathed thus far but I will keep that as a deposit on a future tongue lashing ;)
WooHoo!! Year one under your belt! Can't wait to see what you come up w/ in year two!!
Thanks Mishele :) It will be interesting at the very least!
I also started about the same time as you. And like you i have seen myself evolve as my general understanding of photography is strengthened.

I'm not quite as far along as you but sure made great progress this year. I have learned a ton by reading your questions and others responses to your threads. You always go in with some basic knowledge when creating a thread making it much easier to get down to the answer. Now that I think of it the percentage of useful information always seems to be higher when you are driving the questions.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is thanks for helping me too along your journey.
Thanks Nmoody, I'm glad you are getting help from my threads and seeing progress also! It is so satisfying when something finally clicks. Cheers to another year for both of us!

Aw, shucks! Since writing constitutes part of my profession, it's nice to know that every once in a while I manage to say something that actually resonates with someone. That has become part of my artist's statement.

I was gonna say that if you continue to progress the way you have this year, you'll blow my stuff out of the water pretty soon...but then I realized you already left me behind months ago.
I have enjoyed seeing some of your more "artistic" endeavors, as well as the nature stuff.
Sharon, I wanted to message you about that quote at the time but I decided to wait until now it was so perfect ;)
I'm not so sure about leaving you behind though, I love a lot of your stuff, your abstracts this month were delicious, I'm sorry I never made it into the thread to comment I meant to but something shiny must have passed by and distracted me lol
I had no idea it had been such a short span of time that you had been behind the eyepiece!!! These days when I open one of your threads I expect good pictures, good attitude, and good responses. I'm glad you are here!
Derrel, you have helped me so much, I will take it as a good thing that you didn't realize exactly how "new" I am ;) I must admit though, I have the opportunity to devote a LOT of time to photography. I'm never without my camera within reach so I have taken a TON of pictures over this year (I'm guessing in the 100K range :blush: )

Today marks exactly 1 year on TPF!! Only took me 4 days after buying my baby to realize I needed HELP!!
Thanks again everyone :) <3

Most reactions

Back