"That gives me an idea!" - L. DaVinci

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC05953.jpeg

What a great thread title! This is a cool photo, I like the golden glow of the ceiling. Where/what is this?

its called dorado ala hoja in spanish i dont know in english there are golden leaf glued

Are you sure you're not confusing the Vatican in Rome with Uffizi in Florence????

that's the Vatican Gallery of Maps.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Vatican in Rome with Uffizi in Florence????

that's the Vatican Gallery of Maps.
Right you are! Sorry about that.
What a great thread title! This is a cool photo, I like the golden glow of the ceiling. Where/what is this?
That was in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence. It looks like a place it would be hard to miss the idea of perspective .
Sorry about that. Brainiac is right, as usual. It was taken in the Vatican.

Seniza I know what you mean, it's called gold leaf in English.

And why is there a cow peeing on your facebook page? Not that that's the worst thing that could happen on facebook... and it gave me a laugh! You have some interesting pictures, I like the first hotel sign.

that ceiling is seriously insane. it goes on forever, and it's full of crazy paintings:

DSC02564 by Braineack, on Flickr

it's not totally gold leaf as seen above, but it totally glows yellow as you walk through, I think they have special lights to make it look that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back