zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My intention for this project is to take photos of various types of photography with just my 500mm lens.
In this thread I'll document the photo's that I'm considering for inclusion.

This is the first possible inclusion for the project.

500mmprojectflower by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Really nice Trevor; great rendering here. Two thoughts... (1) clone out the little green spike between the two brown stalks; and (2) maybe (not sure) crop to portrait aspect.

the background rendering is really nice.
you should get some people shots with that lens.

Nice shot but quite noisy in the green background, did you use masking when sharpening (I'm assuming in lightroom)?

What a great idea! A 500mm lens-only project!

An already great photo made even better, the portrait crop makes the subject really stand out.Should be a fun project with a lot of foot work.

I could see the people shots now, ok move down one block your to close.LOL

Thank you.
It's something that I've wanted to do for a while.
We'll just have to wait and see how long it will take me to shoot a decent shot in each genre.

Here's a possible second entry.

Maple Camo by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr
I really like the image itself! Lighting and colors are great! However, I don't see how using the 500mm on this image makes it unique. If that's not what you're concerned with, then I'd say you nailed it. Though when I read about your project I got the impression you wanted to feature photos that the characteristics of the 500mm made unique.

The purpose is to shoot things that you wouldn't normally shoot with a 500mm i.e.. studio work, street photography, portraits etc.
I'm trying to shoot things and NOT have it look like a 500mm lens was used i.e. limit the look of the compression by shooting on the flattest plane that I can and from slightly longer distances than what you would shoot with another lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back