The Benjamin Kanarek Blog 2009 Camera Awards

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Benjamin Kanarek Blog 2009 Camera Awards

Well, being that everyone is doing it, I thought I would put in my two cents worth.

Here are my choices for Camera's of the year and there standing…I won't go in to the why's unless you ask.

Just one point of clarification, I am no longer affiliated with any brand and thus there is no commercial bias.

My Favorite Full Frame DSLR's are the following:

1. Sony Alpha 850
2. Nikon D3X
3. Canon 5D Mkll
4. Canon 1Ds Mklll
5. Sony Alpha 900

My Favorite High End APS-C DSLR's are the following:

1. Canon 7D
2. Pentax K7
3. Nikon D300s
4. Sony Alpha 550

My Favorite Entry Level DSLR's are the following:

1. Pentax K-x
2. Canon 500D
3. Nikon D5000

There you have it. Would love to hear your feedback.

Ben

Benjamin Kanarek Blog » “The Benjamin Kanarek Blog 2009 Camera Awards”

Just one point of clarification, I am no longer affiliated with any brand and thus there is no commercial bias.

No more Pentax eh?

My Favorite Full Frame DSLR's are the following:

You are about to cause both Canon and Nikon camps to riot. :lol:

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Sony... I like it when the underdog makes a splash

His post has been up a day and neither the Canon nor Nikon camps have rioted. I suspect most folks are ignoring the rating without having more information as to why he's put a budget camera above the undisputed king of imagery (D3X). :D

The problem with this guy is that he shows up every few months, makes a speech, barely responds to any posts made in his thread (of which there are fewer and fewer, it seems) and, disappears.

Ok, he's a fashion photographer. So? Does that alone make him an expert on anything? NO!

I like his photos enough (I like most weird photos and I don't know sh*t about fashion) but the rest of him is, imho, a joke. He had a blog entry a few months ago about music that was, to me, absolutely ridiculous.

Unfortunately, that makes him hard to take seriously.

Listing the best models of each rank?

Of course you'll hit some jackpot some time.

To be fair he makes the exact same posts to 15 or 20 boards. He spams the internet with his words of wisdom. It's hard going back and actually responding to your spammed posts sometimes as I'm sure you lose track. :)

The problem with this guy is that he shows up every few months, makes a speech, barely responds to any posts made in his thread (of which there are fewer and fewer, it seems) and, disappears.

He's been here a while now... and it is expected... He has responded to me in the past and always with something interesting. Just takes time.

Originally, he sparked my interest because he produced such good results from the Pentax K10D which by all means wasn't being considered a competitor in the professional market (at the time). That.. an the occasional news about the now defunct 645D project that I so badly wanted to become a reality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back