The boat and the rock that started its all. Happy Thanksgiving!

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower
i-6PVMvHF-L.jpg

I still want to know why it wasn't called the Novemberflower!!!! :irked:

No imagination -- and you probably want their landing site listed as the tip of Cape Cod (where they really landed). Cape Cod Rock, the Cod Rock, the Cape Rock, nope just doesn't have the ring. You Canadians don't understand what it is that really makes the US great: great big lies (err I mean founding myths). The "rock myth" was made up 120 years after the fact by some 95 year old guy who claimed some other really old people who had actually been there told him about one of the rocks on the beach. William Bradford stubbed his big toe on the rock getting out of the boat. Yeah Turkey Day!

Joe

No imagination -- and you probably want their landing site listed as the tip of Cape Cod (where they really landed). Cape Cod Rock, the Cod Rock, the Cape Rock, nope just doesn't have the ring. You Canadians don't understand what it is that really makes the US great: great big lies (err I mean founding myths). The "rock myth" was made up 120 years after the fact by some 95 year old guy who claimed some other really old people who had actually been there told him about one of the rocks on the beach. William Bradford stubbed his big toe on the rock getting out of the boat. Yeah Turkey Day!

Joe

It's fun to watch people's reaction to seeing Plymouth Rock for the first time. It has to be one of the most disappointing monument ever.

Joe

It's fun to watch people's reaction to seeing Plymouth Rock for the first time. It has to be one of the most disappointing monument ever.

Especially since it's got a seam all the way down the middle where they cemented it back together.

Joe

Wonderful picture. But I have to say I would have had no idea where or what it was if you hadn't said.

I'll just keep on thinking that some bunch of pilgrims landed somewhere near there and not be too picky about it! lol I live in the midwest, if it's along the coast, that's close enough for me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe

You got that right, the rock is only big enough for a gull to land on, let alone a pilgrim.

The Spanish had settlements in Florida long before the pilgrims landed in Cape Cod.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back