The Chemically Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgipson1 said:
So you did have permission to visit and shoot here? Most people that shoot abandoned sites just go in and do it, without permission.. and often vandalize a little while they are there also.

That's quite an assumption that is not founded with any factual evidence.

I'm not seeing anything new in the work here, at all. I am seeing recycled cliches and ideas.

Still, they're a fair workmanlike job at recycling the cliches and ideas, and these are (mostly) cliches and ideas that aren't too bad. Heavy vignetting is the cliche that pops out as "amateur, and lousy" but the rest of it ain't bad. Kid's got a bit of an eye. No ideas, but an eye. Most of us don't have any ideas, though.

cgipson1 said:
So you did have permission to visit and shoot here? Most people that shoot abandoned sites just go in and do it, without permission.. and often vandalize a little while they are there also.

That's quite an assumption that is not founded with any factual evidence.

Yea? Ask any police department about trespassing and vandalism! It is so common that most trespass and vandalism laws are intertwined....

Chronic Trespassing And Vandalism May Doom Manchester Log Cabin - Hartford Courant
California Criminal Law Info: Vandalism, Trespass & Disturbing -
49 USC 20151 - Sec. 20151. Railroad trespassing and vandalism prevention strategy - US Code - Title 49: Transportation - Subchapter II - Particular Aspects of Safety - Id 19259953 - vLex
E-8 TRESPASSING AND VANDALISM - Opelika City Schools

Just some results from a quick 30 second search!

I thought you were gone... didn't you do a one of those high drama flounce threads? Welcome back!

thetrue said:
Hey, man, you're not supposed to know he did that! I think he probably likes the responses on the othe forum better ;)

TPF is the most brutal photography forum on the net from what I can tell. Dgrin and Photocamel coddle basically every photo posted. It has to be reaalllyyy bad for anyone to say anything.

Life is an endless series of cliches, repeated over and over, on a daily basis, for years on end. Why would photographs made inside of decaying "institutions" be anything other than cliches??? Same basic floorplans, same basic furnishings,same basic types of spaces, similar light fixtures and fittings as those found in hundreds of similar institutions across the world...one of the main reasons that this type of urban decay photography is so tedious...peeling paint and molding walls look pretty much....the same...in New York as they do in Pennsylvania, as in Vermont, or Ohio, or Connecticut...although I will grant you that the mosses and the molds and the lichens DO SEEM TO grow bigger and badder down south, in SEC country!!! So, of course, it makes sense that the OP has just cut-and-pasted the SAME post in multiple forums!

Guess I'm glad I'm here then :lol: I like the learning aspect of getting beaten in to a corner. :lmao:

thetrue said:
Hey, man, you're not supposed to know he did that! I think he probably likes the responses on the othe forum better ;)

TPF is the most brutal photography forum on the net from what I can tell. Dgrin and Photocamel coddle basically every photo posted. It has to be reaalllyyy bad for anyone to say anything.

Yep! That is so helpful, too! Almost as helpful as Facebook! lol! And TPF may be headed that way....

rexbobcat said:

The photographic quality as a whole on PC is far better than anything on here as there are more working professionals on that site. TPF is the strainer for the Internet forum cesspool, catching all the crap and allowing the good stuff to eventually find a more specific forum for their needs. No need to out other forums by full name to help speed that up. ;)

cgipson1 said:
Yea? Ask any police department about trespassing and vandalism! It is so common that most trespass and vandalism laws are intertwined....

Chronic Trespassing And Vandalism May Doom Manchester Log Cabin - Hartford Courant
49 USC 20151 - Sec. 20151. Railroad trespassing and vandalism prevention strategy - US Code - Title 49: Transportation - Subchapter II - Particular Aspects of Safety - Id 19259953 - vLex

I thought you were gone... didn't you do a one of those high drama flounce threads? Welcome back!

You made this about photographers that go to an abandoned location, take photos, and vandalize. Not about vandalism in general. I am willing to bet that the majority of photographers that shoot places of this nature do their best not to disturb much of anything. I know that's been my rule of thumb.

Yep! That is so helpful, too! Almost as helpful as Facebook! lol! And TPF may be headed that way....
Not if I can help it.

The photographic quality as a whole on PC is far better than anything on here as there are more working professionals on that site. TPF is the strainer for the Internet forum cesspool, catching all the crap and allowing the good stuff to eventually find a more specific forum for their needs. No need to out other forums by full name to help speed that up.

I'm a member at Photocamel. I have learned a lot more here than I have over there.

cgipson1 said:

You made this about photographers that go to an abandoned location, take photos, and vandalize. Not about vandalism in general. I am willing to bet that the majority of photographers that shoot places of this nature do their best not to disturb much of anything. I know that's been my rule of thumb.

Take only pictures. Leave only foot prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back