The Coffee House

I forgot it was Canada Day. I'm more tuned in to the Canadian holidays that happen during hockey season, like when the coaches all wear poppies. I must need that visual cue, hey it must be a holiday...

However it is pay day, although I can't really call it that anymore since it's technically a monthly retirement uh, day of pay? Time to do some online shopping! Well not a lot, since now my old split rail fence that literally split and started falling apart is down and hauled away. Have other fun projects on the list for this summer before getting it rebuilt, like gutter cleaning. Whoo hoo! can't wait.

Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians. Go eat a beavertail pour moi.
Will do!

Sorry, no. I refuse to participate until they go back to calling to Dominion Day... or send me some maple syrup as reparations. Personally I think that's quite reasonable.

image.jpg

iPhone

Gary's first zucchini of the season.

For some reason this has been a long day for Gary. Probably due to the super suckie sleep he receive last night ... As opposed to his normal suckie sleep. The French Dip meat looks and smells awesome. Gary walked to the store for some rolls and stuff. On the way home Gary stopped into a new ice cream place. Unfortunately, it was empty, but the place was uber clean and high-tech looking. Gary ordered a mango-orange slushy which he used to lubricate his inside on the way home. It was good. The place was called The Creamery and you started by ordering a base, either ice cream, yoghurt and/or almond silk, then you ordered the flavoring(s) and they would mix it into the base while you watched. Gary is planning to go back with Mary Lou.

When Gary got home he cleaned out the filters on the pond. A happy pond is a clean pond. Now he's kicking back in the patio, listening to KUSC, drinking a terribly good Russian River Vineyard Syrah and watch the Monarchs glide across the yard.

For some reason this has been a long day for Gary. Probably due to the super suckie sleep he receive last night ... As opposed to his normal suckie sleep. The French Dip meat looks and smells awesome. Gary walked to the store for some rolls and stuff. On the way home Gary stopped into a new ice cream place. Unfortunately, it was empty, but the place was uber clean and high-tech looking. Gary ordered a mango-orange slushy which he used to lubricate his inside on the way home. It was good. The place was called The Creamery and you started by ordering a base, either ice cream, yoghurt and/or almond silk, then you ordered the flavoring(s) and they would mix it into the base while you watched. Gary is planning to go back with Mary Lou.

When Gary got home he cleaned out the filters on the pond. A happy pond is a clean pond. Now he's kicking back in the patio, listening to KUSC, drinking a terribly good Russian River Vineyard Syrah and watch the Monarchs glide across the yard.

Busy boy... love listening to KUSC. I am loading up scrap electronics stuff tonight and taking it to the recycle place tomorrow. Got a full pickup load among other things. 14 engineering PCs, printers, and laptops from longtime customer. Drilled holes in all the drives today. I recently replaced (built) 10 desktops for them and updated their network. They are going to be using someone else from here on out which is fine by me, they are a 2 hour drive and the guy taking over knows his stuff so I am happy for them having someone local. I have been their tech guy since 1994 and I found the guy to replace me so I know they are in good hands. They paid me pretty good and also paid me to find someone which is cool. Also bought $430 worth of fireworks today for the kids tomorrow night. I have a fund for this where the wife and I throw my change in a giant plastic coke bottle, that sucker was heavy. Last year, my son-in-law bought them and they sucked. I got the good stuff. He better step it up next year is all I can say, he went cheap ass on us last year.

Was this your first time to San Diego? Was the conference a success?
Yes, my first time to SoCal (I was in San Fran in 1999). I think the conference was about as good as I expected. I would have loved to have spent more time there, but it's good to be home. I plan on returning.

Morning, hosers.

So it's only been 2 weeks...oh wait, no. It's been three weeks since I've been waking up at 6am to go to work. It's been 2 weeks at the new job, but the week before in Kansas City, I was also waking up at 6am because we started reading at 8am. Huh.

Well, anyway, it's been 3 weeks now that I've been waking up at 6am during the week. Last night I was beat to hell and turned out the lights at about 10:30-10:45. This morning I woke up all on my own - no alarm - at 6:30. I stayed in bed cuddling with the kitties for half an hour, just because I could, but for all intents and purposes, I was awake at 6:30.

It's encouraging that my body is adjusting, as I knew it would, but I thought it would take longer. I'm glad I started during the summer when this adjustment is aided by having sunlight when I have to wake up. It's never really going to be "easy" to get up that early, but I'll get used to it.

I know with absolute certainty, however, that even if I keep this schedule for the next 30 years, within a week of retirement, I will settle back into my night owl ways.

Mornin, hosers. Took a nasty spill yesterday after tripping over a stump going backwards. Felt my neck crack, and now it's incredibly stiff and sore... But not swollen and I can still bear to move it, so it's not broken.

Morning, hosers.

So it's only been 2 weeks...oh wait, no. It's been three weeks since I've been waking up at 6am to go to work. It's been 2 weeks at the new job, but the week before in Kansas City, I was also waking up at 6am because we started reading at 8am. Huh.

Well, anyway, it's been 3 weeks now that I've been waking up at 6am during the week. Last night I was beat to hell and turned out the lights at about 10:30-10:45. This morning I woke up all on my own - no alarm - at 6:30. I stayed in bed cuddling with the kitties for half an hour, just because I could, but for all intents and purposes, I was awake at 6:30.

It's encouraging that my body is adjusting, as I knew it would, but I thought it would take longer. I'm glad I started during the summer when this adjustment is aided by having sunlight when I have to wake up. It's never really going to be "easy" to get up that early, but I'll get used to it.

I know with absolute certainty, however, that even if I keep this schedule for the next 30 years, within a week of retirement, I will settle back into my night owl ways.

I have always been an early riser, can't sleep much anyway. I always felt I could get mor
Mornin, hosers. Took a nasty spill yesterday after tripping over a stump going backwards. Felt my neck crack, and now it's incredibly stiff and sore... But not swollen and I can still bear to move it, so it's not broken.

Dude, you have some bad mojo in and around you. You need to get that checked out, nothing to play with. They can probably give you a steroid shot and a muscle relaxer shot to expedite things. Problem with necks is you will stress it even more trying not to move it, then you get all messed up.

Ouch - you have to be careful of those backwards-moving stumps! ;)
Rest it with heating pad (or lotion).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back