The Coffee House

Morning, hosers.

Baseball. Blah blah blah. This is just the dead zone between the end of hockey and the beginning of football. At least this summer, there's UEFA to follow, not that I get to see many games. GO PORTUGAL!!! :D
I'm surprised you don't like baseball as you strike me as a thinker. Baseball is a very strategic game. I could watch it all day. I used to love playing it. Most people do think it's rather boring but not me.

Ooooouuuuuu ... Baseball talk, Gary loves baseball. Sooo the Tigers are really a major league team ... Gary always thought of them as a farm club ... Like the Angels, nothing more than a development squad for the big leagues. (Gary runs and ducks.)
Well they are not really. Super high payroll. The good teams develop their own or pour money into player development and add pieces when they are close, like the Royals, Cubs, Cardinals. Now your Dodgers have the best scouts in the game, huge TV revenue and can do both. They just can't get the right manager to put it together.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary had an unusually rough night. Like JC, Gary doesn't sleep well. Last night was more walking around and flopping in differnt chairs than usual. Maybe Gary ate too much dinner ... Too much wine (nah can never have too much wine) ... Just a tough night. Usually, Gary wakes up instantly, good-to-go, but this morning he was light-headed and it took a while to get some traction. Man, this getting old stuff sucks, but the alternative sucks also.

More Brexit news all over the paper. Looks like those Brits may have a bit of a sticky wicket.

Gary is trying out a new French Dip recipe which calls for dumping some soup and a chunk of meat into the crock pot. Dinner is already simmering away on this cool, overcast, gray, typical SoCal morning. Upper 70's today, if Gary can clean up his day early enough, he and The Cook may hit the beach today.

Morning, hosers.

Baseball. Blah blah blah. This is just the dead zone between the end of hockey and the beginning of football. At least this summer, there's UEFA to follow, not that I get to see many games. GO PORTUGAL!!! :D
I'm surprised you don't like baseball as you strike me as a thinker. Baseball is a very strategic game. I could watch it all day. I used to love playing it. Most people do think it's rather boring but not me.
Yep, it is all about stats. When Gary played ball his moniker was E-4.

Morning, hosers.

You were a 2 bagger aye? I was a pitcher, SS, and 3B. Occasional CF in late innings for my accurate gun from CF.

Ooooouuuuuu ... Baseball talk, Gary loves baseball. Sooo the Tigers are really a major league team ... Gary always thought of them as a farm club ... Like the Angels, nothing more than a development squad for the big leagues. (Gary runs and ducks.)
Well they are not really. Super high payroll. The good teams develop their own or pour money into player development and add pieces when they are close, like the Royals, Cubs, Cardinals. Now your Dodgers have the best scouts in the game, huge TV revenue and can do both. They just can't get the right manager to put it together.
The Dodgers had the best farm clubs going ... But the newer generation(s) of pro sports seems all/most the players haven't any heart. So sad to watch pro sports evolve into mere entertainment as opposed to playing with emotion and heart. Gary likes college sports more so than pro.

Morning, hosers.

You were a 2 bagger aye? I was a pitcher, SS, and 3B. Occasional CF in late innings for my accurate gun from CF.
I played Left Out.

Morning, hosers.

Aye, Second from Little League through college. Did fast pitch into my 40's then some slow stuff.

(And you batted clean-up ... With you playing all those positions all your teams needed was a catcher, maybe 1st base ... But probably not with your cannon ... and your team complete. Gary imagines that the traveling squad was packed into a sedan.)

Last edited:
Morning peeps. Heading back home in a little bit. I'll post some phone snaps tomorrow.

Morning, hosers.

Aye, Second from Little League through college. Did fast pitch into my 40's then some slow stuff. (And you batted clean-up ...)

I played until I was 43 (Roy Hobbs League). Played class A softball when I got of the Marines for a few years but preferred baseball. Yes, I hit cleanup most of the time. I could hit the ball pretty far and didn't strike out very much. I got into way too much trouble in High School which hurt the slim chance of playing any type of professional ball. It was either Marines or jail, I chose Marines.

Hey y'all, I just ordered some computer reading glasses from Amazon. They are not magnified (though you can get them in a lot of different strengths) but they are mostly just for blocking certain lightwaves from the computer to protect your eyes.

Got them last night and brought them to work today. HOLY COW they make a huge difference! I'm ordering a bunch more.

I do like to engage the thinking muscles on a regular basis, no matter what I'm doing, but when watching sports, I like there to be much faster action. Baseball goes waaaaaaaay too slow. It's kind of enjoyable to go to a minor league game, but honestly, what I like about that has very little to do with the actual game. There's some fascinating people-watching that can be had at a minor league baseball game.

jwzxb.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back