The Coffee House

I miss Derrel too. I think it was one of my responses in a couple of threads that pissed him off. I'm sorry Derrel!! I apologize!! Please come back!!

Where's Derrel been?
hopefully all is okay with him. I haven't met too many that love photography more than he does. I like derrel.

Well, seems quiet in here lately. Everybody getting busy with the Holidays! I did nothing today......... awake at 8am, got out of bed at noon, iHop for breakfast, since it was raining all day I laid on bed and watched a couple episodes of Californication on Netflix, cleaned up, showered and now back in bed. You thought YOU had no life? LOL!!

Good morning, everyone. Today's coffee special is Starbuck's caramel with a splash of Bailey's Chocolatini.

Good morning!

Folger's 100% Columbian, served black here.

My second round is without the creamer. We're heading out to play in traffic.

I have about 4 inches of snow outside that needs to be taken care of with my snow blower.

Another one of the joys of being retired is that I can just take care of that chore when I feel like it, no rush anymore. :biggrin-93:

I know what you mean about choosing the time to do your snow removal, but I try to maximize the sun's warming effect at melting/drying up the residual snow by clearing it as early in the day as I can (within reason) and after the snow has stopped, thereby allowing as much time for the sun to work its magic after I'm finished.

I know what you mean about choosing the time to do your snow removal, but I try to maximize the sun's warming effect at melting/drying up the residual snow by clearing it as early in the day as I can (within reason) and after the snow has stopped, thereby allowing as much time for the sun to work its magic after I'm finished.
The sun... you got sun? Me want sun too!

Morning, hosers!

I've got my Eight O'Clock Dark Italian Roast as usual this morning. Got some of my spiced roasted pecans cooling on the counter. I make candied nuts for the holidays and give out little bags to co-workers and bring them to whatever social things I have to deal with.

I have no kids and very few social obligations for the holidays and yet, it's still exhausting :p

Today's agenda: scoring final exams. We do this as a department since each essay needs to be read by two people (to ensure objectivity, since it's a departmental exam and a school-mandated gate-keeping test.) This sounds boring, but it's kind of fun. Our department is small and we all like each other. We actually have fun at these scoring sessions.

Students are alreadyemailing me for their grades. Um, what part of Thursday EVENING did they not understand? Oh yes, it seems that EVENING is the word that tripped them up.

Le sigh.

Leonore, just let them know that every inquiry prior to the posted announcement time will be rated an automatic 10% reduction.

Students are alreadyemailing me for their grades. Um, what part of Thursday EVENING did they not understand? Oh yes, it seems that EVENING is the word that tripped them up.

Le sigh.

Tell them you'll grade their requests for correctness, grammatical and temporal, and factor that in to the final grade.

Leonore, just let them know that every inquiry prior to the posted announcement time will be rated an automatic 10% reduction.

Oooh, I'll have to try that one! :D
What they hear:

10% reduction
announcement
inquiry

What they do:

Inquire
argue against the reduction
wait for any announcement

Most reactions

Back