The Coffee House

Sure, but I want one of these:

Film update:

I've just finished transferring film from spool to stainless steel reel. I turned the Tv onto news, before I plunged my hands into the changing bag. I excepted a 20 to 30 minute job with numerous and frustrating re-dos. It was smooth as silk all performed in less than a minute. I was completely surprised. I felt I was back at the Times when I was doing this everyday. I am now eating an empanada, sipping wine and waiting for the developer to cool down to developing temperature.

@ Leo:

Wine update - That Portuguese wine I told you a while back. I finally opened it tonight. It is absolutely wonderful. For the record-
Jose Maria da Fonseca / Domini / 2010. It is so good it could have come from California.

I also squeegee with my fingers. It really speeds sh*t up.

I had a lovely day, hosers.

Buzz and I took a train into Grand Central this morning and made our way over to the Moma to see the Brown Sisters exhibit - 40 portraits in 40 years: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/magazine/01-brown-sisters-forty-years.html I'm not really into portraits, but these pictures are so beautiful. They are impressive on a computer screen, but they are astounding in person, laid out on the wall.

We then went up to see what else they had in their photography galleries. Some stuff was good, some was meh, some of it very early experimental.

After that was lunch at a pub (Harp ale for me) and then over to the west side to see a Eugene Atget exhibit at the Pace Macgill gallery: Pace/MacGill Gallery | Selected Works | Eugene Atget: A Quiet Calling Gorgeous photos.

Then wandered around the south end of the park for a little bit, back to the station and a train home. After dinner, I went to my book club and had some interesting conversations - some of them were even about the book! ;)

I am sooooo staying in my pj's tomorrow morning and will probably indulge in a 3rd cup of coffee!

Just my nickels worth, but I always used Photo-flo prep'ed in distilled with no squeegee...Your welcome

Two weeks ago I bought supplies to build my wife a large pantry in the kitchen. Yep, thats how far THAT project has gotten. I should drink my third cup tomorrow morning with a hammer in the other hand, but we'll see how much energy I have.

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner was fantastic. Peppered Filet Mignon, medium rare, with cheesy garlic smashed potatoes... mmmmmm. And to top it off, my favorite beer (Samuel Smith's organic Chocolate Stout) AFTER dinner. Had a nice nut brown ale with dinner.

More simple grub here tonight. Homemade meatloaf, baked 'taters, corn, homemade biscuits and wash it down with a couple glasses of homemade iced tea. ..and she wonders why her pantry isn't built. After that meal I needed a nap...lol

oh yeah, better not forget her homemade apple crisp for dessert

We had chicken tacos the quick & easy way -- Perdue Southwest Chicken short cuts and I cut up a couple of tomatoes, some lettuce and a couple of jalapenos.

Had fish and chips for lunch, and dinner was very simple: some gnocchi sauteed in oil and wine, some green beans with garlic, and two eggs over-medium.

Gary, I'm glad you liked the wine. The Douro is producing some really great table wines, not just port. There are a few places that carry Portuguese wines around here and I'm going to go look for that one now. I've had wines from the Fonseca winery but it's been a while.

Edit: Sometimes I can really be on board with this technology stuff. Just found where I can find that wine after a <1 second search on Google. I know exactly where the store is. Gonna go get me some wine! Just not now. Right now, I'm going to go study the insides of my eyelids for about 8 hours.

Sounds good Charlie

Y'all's sounded pretty good too. Tuesdays and Fridays are usually fairly quick dinners. We often don't get home until 7 or later and there's an ongoing thing we have on those nights.

There's a pork roast thawing in the sing, getting ready for the crock pot in the morning. I just need to get a beer to place in there with it (I have the onions & garlic).

Yep, time to hit the hay here also. I think I may head over to Lancaster County tomorrow morning and pick up some chemicals so I can take that Rollei for a spin. Lancaster has the closest film supply shack around, and that's 30 miles from here...that sucks, but it is what it is I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back