The Coffee House

Wasting more time ... Gary is informing you that our snow pack is about 50% under average ... but forecasters feel good about what we have so far and thinks a few more storms into Spring would get us close to normal. Gary so badly wants the drought to be over.

Hosers! A gray day here but at least it has stopped raining. We had some serious sideways rain yesterday and I'm grateful it wasn't colder out or I would be shoveling the walk right now. Since the holidays are over and the nasty weather has arrived, I will resume my post processing tutorials on lynda.com and youtube. I feel like I have forgotten everything I learned and tried last winter. Only a few very small items seem to have stuck and been used over the very busy spring/summer/fall. Gone are the days when my memory and confidence allowed me to plow through new things at a decent clip and retain most of the new info. Now I forget things 10 minutes after I've learned them - I guess I'm running out of RAM. Is it possible to delete the lyrics of every 80's rock ballad out of my brain to make room for more useful items? I'd also be willing to sacrifice all of my childhood tv and radio jingles that I can recall with no effort at all.

Attention- You Coffee Hosers probably toss away all those class action post cards you all get. Mary Lou and Gary just received the first of two $400 payouts from some hotel chain. And on another occasion $135 for some blue jeans. So fill out those cards.

I've also had some unexpected checks arrive for class actions - one for an e-reader service I used back when they first came out (Sony) and another for a shampoo company.

I guess gary is right. If this was taken unsing film the sharp edges and soft center can mean that the film did not lie flat in the holder. What kind of film & holder, one of these?

tmp_12487-IMG_20170104_182224-2047533746.jpg

I guess gary is right. If this was taken unsing film the sharp edges and soft center can mean that the film did not lie flat in the holder. What kind of film & holder, one of these?
It is pretty flat but the film was a nightmare start to finish, I did notice it was curling when I put it in but I thought closing the cover would fix that. I hope the roll in there now is not the expired kind, I have about 4 frames left. Another thing, I was leaving it in the truck so it got baked as well, learning as I go and not helping myself along the way.... Better exposures ahead I think.

Attention- You Coffee Hosers probably toss away all those class action post cards you all get. Mary Lou and Gary just received the first of two $400 payouts from some hotel chain. And on another occasion $135 for some blue jeans. So fill out those cards.
I once got $8 from a big bank.

View attachment 132685

No, it's a 6x6 folding camera, I believe mine has the Apotar 3 element lens which is not the top of the line. Favourite Cameras: Agfa Isolette II | Film Advance
Loads rolls of 120. Here are 2 better pics using fresh film Kodak 400, but probably baked in the truck. Better. I am waiting on a pocket range finder to at least get the distance right. I am getting better at hand holding manual cameras for stability. Everything I am doing this year should result in better images on film. It is challenging for me and fun. These were developed in New55 R3 monobath, it is a developer and fixer in one product but is discontinued for the newer R5 product which I haven't tried yet. The R3 said not to agitate but I think this was wrong. I guess the R5 is supposed to be gently agitated.

008s300.jpg

009s300.jpg

Blue sky, white clouds, 29°, wind is 8 mph out of the east. Today I'm chillin'.

Some will say with the sprockets engaged, that it does no good ... but Gary says every little bit helps. Just be careful not to rip the film, get it snug but don't overdo it.

I did a lot of double exposure slides with cameras that had no reliable mechanism for that. It worked somehow with rewind and tighten and lock and guess where the film was at any given time. Results were never 100% as expected...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back