The Coffee House

We are back home in La Mirada. Mary Lou slept the entire way. She doesn't even remember the freeway onramp. We just pulled into our local Japanese eatery. Udon for Mary Lou ramen for Gary.

Last edited:
@Gary A. I love Asian soup.

If these are made by a good cook, they are more like medication than food. As Paracelsus said: "Your food shall be your medication"

I mixed up some sweet potato pancakes for dinner. Included some roasted cauliflower and a little bit of pea protein, and used a bit of jelly on top. Lots of protein and veggies. Tasted a lot better than it probably sounds.
It couldn't taste worse!

I have a delayed opening again this morning.

I haven't had a normal day of school since February 3rd. Feb 6 -- day after Patriots won...students useless. Feb 7 -- delayed. Feb 8 -- Early Dismissal. Feb 9+10 -- closed. Feb 13 -- delayed.

The funny part...I was meeting with my colleagues and our literacy coach a few weeks ago, and we were all trying to remember why we scheduled 8 weeks for a unit that should take 6. I remember now!

tmp_16901-IMG_20170213_132744314376323.jpg
tmp_16901-IMG_20170213_132714243110455.jpg
tmp_16901-IMG_20170213_1326361851935328.jpg

Does not look much better than last time in 8 December 2016

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary thinks he didn't have any coffee yesterday. He drank a flight of champagne with his breakfast. Next to his table was a pair of gentlemen discussing business, construction. One looked like an architect/engineer type the other a contractor. They were drinking coffee. Gary thought "WTF- Who goes to a winery and drinks coffee ...". Per the images Gary uploaded yesterday ... not Gary or Mary Lou.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary thinks he didn't have any coffee yesterday. He drank a flight of champagne with his breakfast. Next to his table was a pair of gentlemen discussing business, construction. One looked like an architect/engineer type the other a contractor. They were drinking coffee. Gary thought "WTF- Who goes to a winery and drinks coffee ...". Per the images Gary uploaded yesterday ... not Gary or Mary Lou.

I think the curious thing is that a winery sells coffee....

I think the curious thing is that a winery sells coffee....
This was at Thornton. Thornton has a full restaurant attached to the tasting room. Thornton has great food ... ho-hum wines ... except their champagnes are quite nice and their chocolate wines are surprisingly good. Gary and Mary Lou keep our membership at Thornton because we get a discount on the food and free flights to wash the food down. In lieu of a flight, Mary Lou usually gets a full glass of champagne with her food. Thornton for food has always been our first stop in Temecula ... from our very first trip to now, every trip to Temecula starts at Thornton.

Other wineries have some type of food service. Cougar has a nice hot & cold deli. We snacked on a pastrami panni at Cougar. At Doffo, (laugh all you want, but they are a superior vintner actually and one of our favs :cool-48: ), they have little ol' ladies in the patio making empanadas. They were delish. At Danza del Sol, they gave you little bags of oyster crackers (like you get with clam chowder), lol. No food, but live entertainment in the patio. People we showing up with picnic baskets, lots of families with little kids. Cougar has the entertainment indoors and Thornton has an entire concert series during the summer on their patio, a real stage with real entertainers with names you would recognize. But the series isn't free. The best winery, Lorenzi, has nada. No food, no entertainment, just great wines.

There are about 40 to 60 wineries in Temecula. Gary thinks he and Mary Lou have visited about half of them so far. Danza del Sol was new to us.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back