The Coffee House

Gotta be very nearly 1/4 in. of snow there--and it's still coming down! We could end up with 5/16 of an inch before this is over!

GASP!

Nice drifts SquarePeg.

Sharon, we call that "hoarfrost".

You know what we call it?
We call it a two-hour delay for most school systems.

Seriously!! Schools were delayed TWO hours today, because of THAT! And that was just in the yards; the streets are barely even wet, and certainly don't have any snow on them!! It's kinda hilarious.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it: I used a BIT of "artistic license" there. That ain't no 1/4 inch of snow on the ground! There was barely a 1/4 inch on top of my car.
Which is, actually, my favorite kind of snow--if it absolutely MUST bring us the white winter precipitation, I'll take as little as possible, just enough to cover the ground and look pretty, but not enough to start sticking to the roads.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. You'll be happy that it has quit raining here. No drops hit me when I retrieved my morning paper. The rains brought some wind and chill ... not enough to fire up the furnace/heat pump. I'm learning how to create 3D objects in my PhotoShop class. Very interesting stuff.

Yikes, Square Peg is definitely getting hit harder than we did. The forecast for this area changed a lot - they couldn't quite get a handle on if we were going to fall closer to the center or stay on the fringe. It seems were more on the fringe. I'm seeing maybe half a foot? Hard to tell because we had snow on Saturday, too. It's still snowing steadily but very lightly and it's windy. Forecast says we're essentially done with accumulation. There will be snowy air but less than 1 inch of it will be on the ground. The roads are still a bit messy in places but mostly cleared.

So I'd say we got off very easy. Because it's still windy, I'm not yet discounting a power outage. Because that would totally jinx me!

Oh yeah, and good morning, American and Canadian hosers! Good afternoon, European hosers! :D I don't know what to say to any Australian hosers that might be lurking.

Front page photo in today's LA Times is of snow in NYC.

I think the correct term for that usage would be "schadenfreude".

Front page photo in today's LA Times is of snow in NYC.

I think the correct term for that usage would be "schadenfreude".
LOL ... Yes, the Deutsche can capture much in a single word.

True, if you count those crazy compound nouns as single words. I have a German-English technical dictionary (somewhere) of post-WWII vintage that has some amazingly long words for various rocket parts.

Most reactions

Back