The Coffee House

First, almond/soy/coconut/etc. can't use the term milk anymore. Now, companies can't use the term "meat" for fake meat products. Seems like a couple industries are losing business as people move to plant-based diets. They're grasping at straws to do whatever they can to try to hurt the meat-substitute/plant-based protein market.

Meat is also a term for the edible portions of fruits and nuts.

Missouri becomes first state in US to regulate use of the word 'meat'

Hmmmm... I am also irritable. Rebooting now.
Is that why psychiatrists always have people lie down on a couch, in case they fall over while rebooting?

Here's a scary little tidbit. On the news, this morning only 25 days till fall. That was followed by a meme on social media which advised only 17 weeks left till Christmas!!! Seriously it doesn't seem like time moved that fast, more like I've had a reallllyyyy long nap, and missed some days.

Bring it!

snow-clipart-free-snow-clipart.gif

My main issue is the humidity

My main issue is the humidity

For me humidity is a trigger for Asthma (both hot or cold), as is a rapid change in temperature. If I walk out of a warm house into the cold, or out of cool house into the heat, without an adjustment period of inactivity, it can trigger an attack. I can handle humidity as long as it doesn't go to the extreme.

The sun is making a serious attempt to murder us here in the Tri-State area, hosers.

I will be remaining indoors.

I'm all set with summer. I haven't been to the beach more than 3 or 4 times this year, which is unusual for me - it's been too humid to enjoy the warm weather. I used to love the hot days but it seems that high humidity has become the norm. I don't remember that from when I was young. I wonder if it's a recent change to the weather patterns. Tomorrow is the first day of school for Princess (sophomore year) and it's going to be 98 and high humidity. No ac at the high school and they have field hockey practice for 2 hours after school. It's going to be a cranky night tomorrow. Hopefully there's no big homework assignment for the first day.

The schools around here all have AC now. When my girls were in grade school there was no AC and parents brought in fans. Heat wave around here this week and some high schools are cancelling their outdoor events.

We had another khaki fashion near miss here the other night. Taking a young couple from Mexico grad students out for Italian as a farewell dinner. Husband has on his new "khaki" linen shorts that have a weave texture light tan and medium tan with a brown and tan stripe shirt. No and no. He said they were both khaki color. Had to explain texture and stripes do not match.

We're pretty much getting back to normal out here. 82F but the humidity is high at 43%. No A/C needed for a while. Work on touching up the trenching for a few hours, showered and now diving into some paperwork.

Last edited:
25 days to fall my happy arse.
I bet you I will sweat on Thanksgiving day and PROBABLY on Christmas day.
If it does anything fall like in Texas it will be rain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Looks like a new roof is in our future. Insurance adjuster was here today and says it has significant hail and wind damage. Can't seem to catch a break this year. :BangHead:

I hate heat, but humidity is more the culprit. Living in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, anytime it's over 80, it's humid. Keep my place like a refrigerator. As cold as I can get it. Don't care. I'll bend over and pay the bill. In fact, it costs more to cool my place than it does to heat it. You'd think it would be the other way around. Gas is cheaper than electric. Try to keep it in the 65-68 degree range. All year. My friends and family know to bring a sweater or flannel with. Not changing it for you.

It was around 90 with high humidity over the weekend. Got up yesterday morning and the phone said it was 76. Awesome. Stepped outside and my glasses instantly fogged. No wind and the humidity was thick enough to cut with a knife. Started the work truck, cranked up the AC and went back inside for a bit. Dense fog in some places. Had to drive with the wipers on. Miserable 10 1/2 hour day.

But my day wasn't over. Whenever this happens, it's ALWAYS followed by a nasty storm. Don't know why, but a cold front has to battle with that humidity. Why can't we just have the cold front? Had to keep an eye on that. It did get nasty. Luckily it broke apart and went to the north and south of me. Others weren't so lucky. Once the danger passed, I promptly fell asleep on the couch. Wiped me out. Dragged my sorry butt to bed around midnight. Only to get up and do it again. Today wasn't nearly as bad. The humidity broke, but rained all day.

Here's a scary little tidbit. On the news, this morning only 25 days till fall. That was followed by a meme on social media which advised only 17 weeks left till Christmas!!! Seriously it doesn't seem like time moved that fast, more like I've had a reallllyyyy long nap, and missed some days.

This year seems to have disappeared faster. I was thinking of finding another photo for my avatar, but in a month and a half it will be relevant (as will the clock in my truck. I get to once again remove the sticky note that says add 1 hour)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back