The Coffee House

Gary, you need to refill the glass. Very hard to see the colour of the wine when it's so low.

9th & N Street NW for a small, informal art show with the family. They are still setting up. Phone snap.
20150523_174242.jpg

The steelheader in me is salivating at the sight of that big riffle on the American River...

Congratulations! :clap::boogie::Hail.sml::boogie: :clap:So what is the official honorific that we should be using? :allteeth: Is there any protocol with respect to curtsying or bowing? :icon_salut::allteeth:

Congratulations! :clap::boogie::Hail.sml::boogie: :clap:So what is the official honorific that we should be using? :allteeth: Is there any protocol with respect to curtsying or bowing? :icon_salut::allteeth:

Oh, I'm sure averting your eyes and kissing my hand would be suitable ;)

Your notorious. ;)

Oh, I'm sure averting your eyes and kissing my hand would be suitable ;)

Well, any good Montreal boy would be doing the latter anyways. As for the first, why would we want to deny our eyes the pleasure of seeing you? :allteeth:

That's a barn-burner game going on in Chicago. Looks like both teams want this one badly.

4-4 tie going into the first overtime. Even the goaltenders are getting into the physical play.

Last edited:
Back home. LL hadn't eaten so we stopped by an interesting semi-fast food establishment - fried chicken & kabob house. he got a lamb kabob, I grabbed a small chickpea side dish. It is very spicy; we will be going back.

...off to Quincy to meet up with Jim McCain.
So happy to meet up with a TPFer. Had dinner this evening with Gary, Mary Lou and Cookie. Cookie was very subdued, Mary Lou lovely and Gary very entertaining. Although we've never met, I got the distinct feeling he was telling stories about me to our waitress. ;) I shoulda been paying closer attention.

gary-ayala1505-04-x1024.jpg

I enjoyed the evening and am looking forward to doing a little picture hunting with Gary in about 4 hours.

Jim

yeah okay. Left yesterday to go to camp, ended up jumping out of the car (wife was driving) and chasing a firetruck rolling down a hill on foot, (didn't catch up to it until it crashed into a guardrail and bridge abutment). Driver was dying. Actually i am pretty sure when i got in the passenger seat and took the truck out of gear he was dead. Rescue showed up a few minutes later and i told them he didnt appear to be breathing. I was basically sitting next to what i was pretty sure was a dead man. They pulled him out, gave him the shock a couple times, cpr, then said they had a faint pulse. In the ambulance he went (not sure if he made it or not hopefully he did). Had to fill out witness statement as first on scene and questioning. About a hour. Back on the road to camp. Get up here the pipe froze over the winter, oh yeah. Messing with that in the dark last night with the wife, trying to get the water turned on.

woke up this morning freezing my azz off (went down to 34 degrees last night). so here is my coffee on the stove and i ran the oven to get some heat in the place. The little electric wall heater i wouldnt consider "safe" to run all night and dont keep up anyway. stove works better than than the wall heater. so chattering teethe i turned on the oven this morning to get some heat going.

P1010530_01.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back