The Coffee House

Well the rain has stopped, the temprature is down to 70 and I am stuck here at work. Wish I could escape this place for the afternoon. But since the wife and I both enjoy the concept of eating and having a roof over our heads guess I will have to stick it the rest of the day.

Morning, hosers. This place has gotten a wee bit violent overnight... sheesh.

I'm so glad I don't have misophonia... I have enough problems the way it is :lol:

Cup number 2. My mom's coming here today. I'm so thrilled... not. Haven't seen her in nearly a year and that's not long enough. She was/is emotionally abusive and really isn't welcome here, but she's showing up anyway. She's got some form of mental illness that she refuses to acknowledge because "People with mental illnesses are an embarrassment to her family" (real quote). It's got to be schizophrenia or worse, since she literally worries about listening devices, the government coming after her, yadda yadda yadda.
hope you're coping :)

Thanks, Marija.

Oh most joyous day. she didn't come here, and tomorrow, we're headed to Mackinaw Island for Mini on the Mack (trying to break a world record).

Wife and kid are upstairs throwing tantrums at each other. I'm happily downstairs avoiding it all.

Morning, hosers. This place has gotten a wee bit violent overnight... sheesh.

I'm so glad I don't have misophonia... I have enough problems the way it is :lol:

Cup number 2. My mom's coming here today. I'm so thrilled... not. Haven't seen her in nearly a year and that's not long enough. She was/is emotionally abusive and really isn't welcome here, but she's showing up anyway. She's got some form of mental illness that she refuses to acknowledge because "People with mental illnesses are an embarrassment to her family" (real quote). It's got to be schizophrenia or worse, since she literally worries about listening devices, the government coming after her, yadda yadda yadda.
hope you're coping :)

Thanks, Marija.

Oh most joyous day. she didn't come here, and tomorrow, we're headed to Mackinaw Island for Mini on the Mack (trying to break a world record).

Wife and kid are upstairs throwing tantrums at each other. I'm happily downstairs avoiding it all.
Dude, get it on video. Sure to go viral on youtube. :icon_lol:

I love me some jazz.
Bob James and my favorite Sax man David Sanborn. This song is in my all time top 5 list. I've cruised the Southern California coast many times to it; also cleaned house while burning incense to 'Maputo'.

Give Jeronimo Carmona a try.

Great dinner and quite time stuff.

Thank you for reminding me how good I have it, coming home to an empty house. :lol:

Sometimes there is something to be said for having the place to your self.

Finally a break. This has been a tough week. Monday in Tulare. Tuesday in San Diego. Yesterday, my oldest Sarah and her family came over. I cooked all day. Everything from scratch ...starting with chips and salsa (the salsa came from the backyard tomitillos, tomatoes, peppers and herbs), my famous snow margaritas (made with my bathtub orange liqurer), Gary's famous backyard orange-lemonade, carrot-tomato soup, rice with backyard steamed veggies, tri-tip marinaded in all kinds of good stuff slow cooked and smoked on the BBQ and my citrus marinaded salmon also tossed on the BBQ and grilled apples. The food all turned out quite good ... but man it got tedious and tiring.

I have that album Jaca! wow that's an oldie but a goodie. OK now I have to get the CD, boy I haven't listened to that in a long time.

Gary you're makin' me crazy! lol Hasn't been that long since dinner and my mouth's watering!!

image.jpg

iPhone

The Tri-tip and salmon on the BBQ.

image.jpg

image.jpg

All washed down with California Pinot Nior and Cabernet.

Stop it. :drool: :icon_crazy: :laughing:

Hey they did something together since that, who knew! says 2013, well I may have to get that too. Good thing Jaca it's payday tomorrow!

I'm out of the office! she's not stopping!!!

How can a human being yawn and sniffle this many times in the short period of time!!!???
Maria, don't know why I didn't think of this before. If you can find this album get it and play it for your office/cell mate.
515jmm1dBFL._SY300_.jpg

If not let me know, I will burn you a copy. Here is a sample.

Trust me, this will shut here up.

Probably the worst rendition of an Elton John ever done.

I attend a lot of Jazz events.

P1100235.jpg

Playboy Jazz Festival

P1100405.jpg

Playboy

_GA17753-X2.jpg

Brea Jazz Festival - 2014

_DSF6821-X2.jpg

Brea Jazz Festival - 2014

_DSF5667-X2.jpg

Brea Jazz - 2013

_S195954.jpg

Brea Jazz - 2013

_S586145.jpg

Brea Jazz - 2013

_DSF2429.jpg

Brea Jazz

_DSF0860c.jpg

Brea Jazz

_DSF0851.jpg

Brea Jazz

_DSF1478-X2.jpg

Long Beach Jazz

_DSF1459-L.jpg

Long Beach Jazz

GRAB0213-X2.jpg

Brea Jazz

2CBL9035.jpg

2CBL8955.jpg

GRAA0273%202.jpg

DPP_0011-B%26W-X2.jpg

Last edited:
:aiwebs_016: What's he smoking?? he stretches out that high....... as a kite. That double camera shot, oh that just helps a lot. Oh - no - I'm the rock-it man. It just gets better doesn't it? what's with the third one, the disco jogging dancer.... ?? :eek-73::biglaugh:

Particularly love that B&W Gary, nice series. (edit - the one of the stand up bass player that is)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back