The Coffee House

Afternoon, hosers. Not sure how I am doing today. Seem to be all over the place. started out the day feeling overly energetic and borderline manic, then went to depressed, now I'm kinda feeling the manic high feeling while being basically unable to move due to feeling depressed. I'm so confused right now.

Afternoon, hosers. Not sure how I am doing today. Seem to be all over the place. started out the day feeling overly energetic and borderline manic, then went to depressed, now I'm kinda feeling the manic high feeling while being basically unable to move due to feeling depressed. I'm so confused right now.

Ok, so first listen to some Alanis Morisette, followed by Nickelback. Angry chick music, followed by angry at chicks music. Bam. You'll be plum level in no time.

I've been pretty low energy all day long. Having an afternoon coffee. Trying to be even vaguely productive.

Is it normal to feel tired all the time?

I've been pretty low energy all day long. Having an afternoon coffee. Trying to be even vaguely productive.

uploadfromtaptalk1440793138559.jpg

Yeah, well I don't have access to the machines that can fix that like you do ;)

Once in my bartending days, I was dragging pretty hard at the start of my shift so I tried a Red Bull. Well, it certainly gave me energy, but it was a weeeeeeeird kind of energy. Didn't like it. Nope. I'll stick to coffee and trying harder to get to bed earlier :)

Ok, so first listen to some Alanis Morisette, followed by Nickelback. Angry chick music, followed by angry at chicks music. Bam. You'll be plum level in no time.
and I was thinking Neil Diamond for relaxing and energy to get things done !!

I just woke up from a chicken wing lunch induced nap. Time for afternoon coffee.

View attachment 107220

Every time I drink those I get a h/a the next day from not drinking one again. Last event I worked where Monster was a sponsor they gave me 3 cases of them. Needless to say most of them are still in the case.

Evening, hosers.

Caught Casablanca on Turner Classic Movies just as it was starting. Oh, how I love this movie! So happy :)

Hey, I just watched that too! and this afternoon saw the first part of some oddball movie with Ingrid Bergman (late in her career) where these two kids ran away from home and lived in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which is why I started watching it). Recorded the rest to see how it turns out.

Now Gaslight. I like her and love Hitch.

And I've been tired cuz I've been sick all week, feeling better but draggin' so a good evening to watch a couple of good movies. Supposedly chronic fatigue can mean something, maybe. Or maybe you're just working and not getting enough down time.

Have a good night's sleep.

Hey, I just watched that too! and this afternoon saw the first part of some oddball movie with Ingrid Bergman (late in her career) where these two kids ran away from home and lived in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which is why I started watching it). Recorded the rest to see how it turns out.

Now Gaslight. I like her and love Hitch.

And I've been tired cuz I've been sick all week, feeling better but draggin' so a good evening to watch a couple of good movies. Supposedly chronic fatigue can mean something, maybe. Or maybe you're just working and not getting enough down time.

Have a good night's sleep.

I was going to watch Gaslight, but I don't want to stay up that late. There's an adjunct training day (and by "training," I mean "placate-so-they'll-shut-up-about-health-insurance-and-raises" day) that starts at 8am tomorrow so I probably shouldn't stay up until midnight watching Hitchcock. So I changed the channel so I wouldn't get sucked in.

Good plan! lol I've seen it plenty of times, not my favorite but still good, I like it later when Boyer really gets going.

Heard sirens and by the third one, got up to see... doesn't happen much here out in the boonies, working in the city it was a constant happening. One just came back up the street, probably went as back up, but if our little town sent three it must be a bad wreck.

Morning, hosers.

Meh, I probably should have watched Gaslight after all. Turns out my brain wouldn't shut up and I couldn't get to sleep until almost one. And then I kept waking up until two.

In half an hour, I have to drive the 45 minutes to campus, make small talk :)BangHead: ) during the "Breakfast," and then sit through 8 hours of speeches and workshops. Coffee, don't fail me now!

63a18e9521175feb2b1a76257a273d35.jpg

This new president we have is shaking things up all over the place, which quite frankly is a good thing. Our former president sat for 42 years and things were...moldy. Now, it's still early days so we can't tell for sure what directions these changes are going to take us in, and whether or not that's a good direction to go in. I know the full-timers are all shaking in their boots. We adjuncts...well, our jobs are just as uncertain as they ever have been, so nothing has really changed for us. What I will say, is though this day is probably going to be long and boring and filled with admin-speak bullsh1t, it's at least an acknowledgment that adjuncts also need professional development, AND we are getting paid for the day, which is a lot more than we ever got from the old guard.

And now I have to go put on my armor...

The sympathy button would have been clicked, if we had one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back