The Coffee House

Oh, sorry about those headaches.

I get to make two cranberry relishes (compotes?) this year, and of course I will be assisting my son the whole day. He lays out the day's menu, including appetizers, which wines, etc.

Last edited:
snow? too early yet to stick. it will just melt over the next couple weeks. Drive through it that is why they made 4x4.
i have already made up my mind i am not picking up a shovel and this is why i have four wheel drives hell with the snow....
But i already had two people call me and leave messages to see if i am plowing this year they want to be plowed. Even though i thought everyone understood i stopped plowing driveways? Just think of when they go to get in their driveway and realize they cant. One is a daycare. i guess they just don't "get it".
lmao.

Thanksgiving is spent with Buzz's family. Each year, I try to take a little bit more of the load from his mother. I've been doing the pies for several years (one apple, one pumpkin), and I also do a piece of fish, usually salmon (that's mostly for me since I don't eat turkey, but I make enough so others can have some too). And I often bring some simple cranberry sauce. She makes her own traditional cranberry thing, which is actually cold and more of a cranberry-orange relish, but she likes the sauce too, and for me, something is missing if there's no cranberry sauce. No jellied crap, either. This year, I've added mashed potatoes as well.

lol. i don't even cook or bring anything to thanksgiving. i go and eat. i have three sisters. my mother and one of them usually cooks (mostly my mother). The others do cleanup. i just kind of watch and play with the kids until they call us to come eat.
this year one of my sisters is working though she is a nurse and got stuck with working the holiday. Not sure how that shakes things up but i probably still wont have to do anything...

they call me "the spoiled baby boy" still even though i am almost forty.....:bouncingsmileys:

snow? too early yet to stick. it will just melt over the next couple weeks. Drive through it that is why they made 4x4.

If it takes weeks to melt, then that kinda means it stuck, no? ;)
well. couple weeks of snow vs. it being there all winter, is kind of what i am getting at.. It will melt. Nothing stays until mid December here.

Ah, got it. Snow usually melts between storms around here, even later in the winter. Last winter was unusual in that sense - we had a lot of storms and it stayed on the ground all winter long.

Ah, got it. Snow usually melts between storms around here, even later in the winter. Last winter was unusual in that sense - we had a lot of storms and it stayed on the ground all winter long.
well, if it going to stay that is different. Then it changes to stacking and leaving room for later storms so pushing back the piles far enough to plan ahead so you don't run out of room for it. Also if it "stays" and you don't move it and decide to it isn't going anywhere as now it is two feet of ice. you cant plow ice well i have tried. Like people that call you three storms into winter to plow their drives, after is melts and refreezes forty times and they drive over it. Yeah, the trucks hate plowing frozen ice it don't work well that is how you break chit. so that is when you tell them no or three hundred bucks just to plow their drive and plan on bringing metal shovels and maybe a pick axe.

Ayup...that's snow, all right.

1417015188501-1842572856.jpg

Had to take this with the phone camera reversed, like when taking a selfie. Otherwise the picture was too big to upload. Interesting that there's that size difference. They clearly don't think selfies need the same kind of image quality ;)

And it's also through glass and a screen. I have to go get some wood soon but I am still in my jammies and didn't want to open the door yet :D

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. 57F right now, should break 80F today. This weather is great, to bad the shorten daylight doesn't allow more time for daylight shooting.
IMG_2444-1.jpg

November in Southern California. (Above the horizon is Catalina, not a dark cloud.)

well yeah, because the entire sky is overexposed and washed out....

Grandson called and wants to go see Dumb & Dumber 2. I need to get out of bed and start waking up! Where's my coffee?! Actually, since quitting work, I've almost stopped drinking coffee entirely! Amazing, after 2 pots a day for nearly 30 years!

I wish I could go to work. Cant find a doctor to sign off on me they have me banned for my stroke and tia's still. Testing, testing, more testing... take this pill, that pill another evaluation blah blah blah. I have two neurologist now and rehab psyche and balance testing every week.
Quacks are driving me nuts they think I am a lab rat. supposedly I have a "rare" type of stroke. Like I figure out my place spatially and balance primarily from vision, as my cerebellum is shot. which fascinates them some how.
suppose this is the most time I have ever spent with my kids and that could be good I was always gone or running full tilt before. I need to start drinking more again..

Fireplace is clean, wood has been gathered. Just killed a roll of film taking a few pictures of the back yard with my new-to-me Minolta. I'll have lunch and then start making the pies for tomorrow.

Yay snow day! :heartpump:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back