The Coffee House

A happy and safe Cinco de Mayo, hosers.

Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Happy Drinko de Mayo.

Mary Lou and Gary had a great trip. (Not so much Cookie, as the designated drinker she got the raw end of the deal.) The worst part was driving across Los Angeles to get home. We left early on the weekend and just sailed through LA. But coming home we attempted to minimize traffic by hitting LA around midday, but it was still bumper-to-bumper hell. Home sweet home, it is much much cooler here than the inland-ish wine valleys of the Central Coast. Gary has too many winery memberships and needs to drop three in order to maintain an even keel. Tonight is Westside Story at the local theatre and tomorrow is Relay for Life. There is no rest for the weary.

Happy Friday, hosers!

Time to start thinking about the weekend food and wine festival, aka dining at home and pulling special bottles from the cellar. :icon_cheers:

Woohoo. It's Friday!!! I'm heading to Nashville for a long weekend with some of the girls. We're leaving the hubbies, boyfriends and kiddies at home for this trip. I'm not a huge country music fan but I've been wanting to visit Nashville for a while because it looks like such a fun city. We're going to the Opry tomorrow night and just found out the line-up includes Brad Paisley, Charles Anderson, Charles Esten and Rhonda Bryant. Leaving my dslr and the nasty rainy weather at home!

Have a great weekend Hosers!

Happy Friday, hosers!

Time to start thinking about the weekend food and wine festival, aka dining at home and pulling special bottles from the cellar. :icon_cheers:

Woohoo. It's Friday!!! I'm heading to Nashville for a long weekend with some of the girls. We're leaving the hubbies, boyfriends and kiddies at home for this trip. I'm not a huge country music fan but I've been wanting to visit Nashville for a while because it looks like such a fun city. We're going to the Opry tomorrow night and just found out the line-up includes Brad Paisley, Charles Anderson, Charles Esten and Rhonda Bryant. Leaving my dslr and the nasty rainy weather at home!

What????? Your leaving the husband AND the boyfriend?????:biggrinangelA:

I'm with you on the Guinness, but the haggis? :icon_puke_r:
Ever tried it?

Never have, never will. Vegetarian here, remember? :) Even when I ate meat, I could only handle the leanest cuts. I rarely ate beef - the veins of fat and gristle grossed me out. I always preferred white meat to dark on chicken or turkey, and if a pork chop was on the bone, I'd leave half of the meat on the plate because the texture as you got closer to the bone was really unpleasant.

So no, the thought of eating a mash-up of organ meats is thoroughly horrifying to me. This is not a matter of "you haven't tried it so you don't know if you would like it or not." I guarantee you, I would not like it. The texture alone would trigger the gag reflex.

And yes, this is one of the major reasons I gave up eating all land animals and most water animals.

Happy Friday, hosers!

What????? Your leaving the husband AND the boyfriend?????:biggrinangelA:
I'd be more worried about leaving the DSLR home....

I'm with you on the Guinness, but the haggis? :icon_puke_r:
Ever tried it?

Never have, never will. Vegetarian here, remember? :) Even when I ate meat, I could only handle the leanest cuts. I rarely ate beef - the veins of fat and gristle grossed me out. I always preferred white meat to dark on chicken or turkey, and if a pork chop was on the bone, I'd leave half of the meat on the plate because the texture as you got closer to the bone was really unpleasant.

So no, the thought of eating a mash-up of organ meats is thoroughly horrifying to me. This is not a matter of "you haven't tried it so you don't know if you would like it or not." I guarantee you, I would not like it. The texture alone would trigger the gag reflex.

And yes, this is one of the major reasons I gave up eating all land animals and most water animals.
Try he Irish version; it's made with piano-meat!

Most reactions

Back