The Coffee House

Same. The sensationalizing is on all fronts and they care more about clicks than truth. I will occasionally watch bbc news and it’s fascinating to see how USA is viewed from the outside.

On that same topic, I’ve recently gone down, quite a rabbit hole with the BritBox app watching a lot of British drama TV. The way that Americans are portrayed makes me sad. They must think that we are all gun toting, war mongering, greed driven, racist, psychopaths
I know some Australians are frightened to go to the USA because of all the gun massacres you see reported. I have been twice now and have had no issues. I generally find the American people friendly and interested in finding out more about Australia. Of course you will always get some nut jobs but that's the same as any country.

Same. The sensationalizing is on all fronts and they care more about clicks than truth. I will occasionally watch bbc news and it’s fascinating to see how USA is viewed from the outside.

On that same topic, I’ve recently gone down, quite a rabbit hole with the BritBox app watching a lot of British drama TV. The way that Americans are portrayed makes me sad. They must think that we are all gun toting, war mongering, greed driven, racist, psychopaths
We aren't? 😂 But yes, we have quite the negative image overseas. I saw that a lot when I was stationed in Germany. The BBC and Deutsche Welle are my go to's for news, because there is much less editorializing, but I will also check AP. I may have to check out the BritBox thing.

We aren't? 😂 But yes, we have quite the negative image overseas. I saw that a lot when I was stationed in Germany. The BBC and Deutsche Welle are my go to's for news, because there is much less editorializing, but I will also check AP. I may have to check out the BritBox thing.
If you get it lmk,I have many recommendations!

Good morning, hosers.

We don't have BritBox but BBC-America on our cable as an add-in but may be dropping it; Brit Box is a possibility replacement. We are looking at thinning the CATV channels because we realloy only watch a few, regularly.

Let's be careful about firearms chatter in any of the public threads so nothing gets locked or deleted. That said, I'n considering taking the required (in my state) safety course, which will allow purchase. I haven't been part opf the "culture" even though I worked for the local Police Department, was a background investigator, and continue to support public safety in my career.

Off to the office.

Morning y'all! Been a bit since I dropped by. Seems Mother Nature got in the Moonshine again. The bottom dropped out of our nice 70+ weather, Phoebe didn't enjoy the frost covered grass this morning anymore than I. Weatherman is predicting this is her last round so we shall see.

Got my newest acquisition in yesterday (Yashica Mat LM), rounding up the supplies to work on it. Anxious to get started.

Spring equinox? Seriously? Overnight surprise in S. Ontario

31924 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Spring equinox? Seriously? Overnight surprise in S. Ontario

View attachment 272633
We're now being warned about a 2-4" dump by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

I eagerly await the retraction. I don't mind the cold but definitely don't want any more snow with April knocking at the door!

It looks like it comes with Amazon Prime, so will be checking it out.
It’s a paid add on with prime or you can do the Britbox app directly which I’ve heard is less glitchy. I will be cancelling next month as I’ve watched almost everything I’m interested in. We also have Hulu and Disney free through our mobile phone provider. It’s almost time to be outdoors again so really none of these are necessary once winter is over.

On a good note - my back is much better. Not 100% so I’m still babying it by not lifting anything and not doing any chores. I’ll give it another week before starting all my spring garden and house projects.

On a good note - my back is much better. Not 100% so I’m still babying it by not lifting anything and not doing any chores. I’ll give it another week before starting all my spring garden and house projects.
So glad to hear it. Back pain can be debilitating. Glad you're better!

Glad you are better! Back issues effect every aspect of your life.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back