"" THE COLOR RED " OPINIONS ??

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have said on a few posts here that the color Red is a very influential color in photography, and must be considered, almost as much as lighting when composing a photo... In other words , as you look thru the camera, RED must be positioned in the frame as to not distract from photo , if not the subject..

The color RED is a very visible color, which draws the eye, consider everyday stop signs, traffic lights, firetrucks, etc.. why RED? --> VISIBILITY!

So here in another attempt at debate/ conversation, lets hear your opinions on this.... How much. if at all, do you feel the color RED affects your Compositions.... ???

FIRST AN EYE CHART LOL... Here the color RED in the letter ( A ) of PARKING on the sign , still pops out, even though all letters show none brighter, or more vivid then the others, and also some letters larger...

schoolsign.jpg

Now in this photo, even though the subject is actually the pier, the distant RED DOOR of the Barn in background , is still going to catch your eye....

stillcalmtwo.jpg

and last, an example of how RED can just flat out work in a photo, as the strong color it is!

maplefarm2.jpg

Ok Folks there ya have it, lets here some opinions on this, the color of RED!! and again as always , feel free to hand out the critique on the pics...

Come on Folks, don't pass on this, lets hear opinions, New to photography/ Veterans, Speak up lets get it going !!

argh I have a landscape with beautiful reflections in the water I love it EXCEPT for in the distance is a walker with a red jacket. The walker is miniscule compared to the rest of the image yet thats where my eye wanders!! so wish I knew how to clone him out!

argh I have a landscape with beautiful reflections in the water I love it EXCEPT for in the distance is a walker with a red jacket. The walker is miniscule compared to the rest of the image yet thats where my eye wanders!! so wish I knew how to clone him out!

Post the pic in the photoshop forum or PM me, and I'll help you out (don't want to hijack this thread).

Ikavaney..... Thats what i'm saying... you got to keep one eye open for RED in any shot....the eyes will find it!! and thanks for your reply!

Doesn't really affect me, but then I'm colourblind - approaching traffic lights, if the top ones on - stop!

Didn't notice the A until I read the text, and the red door was the same - as for the buildings, I just thought it was a rusty roof or something, red didn't enter my head.

But, I'm in a minority...

Do we know about the old trick...as used by National Geographic?

A photographer (I have forgotten who) carried a red shirt in his kit, and sometimes had someone in the scene wear it...just to lift the shot.

The idea has become a bit of a legend among old pros now.

tempra ....lol.... I hear ya... but after many years > i still feel very strong about RED in a pic lol....

deanimator.... wow never heard that one, but I sure can buy into it!!!
Thanks for that!!

Deanimator.... Hey Thanks for that link! Very interesting!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back