The Door - Model (Lingerie NSFW)

Oh, and I like the Doors too.
Not a bad track on L.A Woman. I also like Strange Days and Morrison Hotel.

Great background. She really put perspective on the size of the mansion.

Here's the door! She's standing 6' 2" in those heels for perspective.

1)
_POR9460-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr
Fabulous shot. Okay, some people may not like the body art, her build or they may just focus on the fact it's an attractive woman wearing lingerie...all of that is just personal preference. I'd argue that photographically, this is a fine picture. First, you've got the doors framing her--a very nice compositional element. Her pose is lovely--balanced but not so symmetrical that it looks fake. The color is good. Normally, lingerie poses would look kind of bizarre outside the bedroom (i.e.: typical boudoir) but with such an expensive, high-end, and elaborate setting they work in this instance. I think I'd delete the tiny gold specks on each door (either a light shining through or a reflection) that serve as small distractions. Otherwise, I think this is a fine shot.

Quit cracking on the model. She is who she is. I bet if you saw her in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt you would think she's quite fit. This is about Trever's shoot, nothing else.

I doubt I would, but that's not really the point I was making. I feel there are models who are so skinny, it's not possible to take an attractive photo of them, because they're just not attractive people due to their weight. Softer lighting may have not emphasized her jutting bones so much - and that is the one thing I would have changed were it me taking the picture. However, THAT SAID, this is a fine image. Technically, it's great the way it is. The location is great. The composition is great. We all know Trever is a talented photographer. Is the image a keeper for me? No, because she's too thin and it's obvious. But I do not shoot fashion/model photography, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

That door, the garden outside, the building itself, is an insanely cool place!!! I didn't even notice the girl for a few minutes! Judging the door off of her, it looks something like 13' high ( more or less) that is huge!!!!

Okay now I have gotten past the architecture! :)
I love this photo! Everything about it! From her to the light above, the outside background, everything!
You gotta go back and get some more shots, with or without a model, I gotta see more of that place!!!!:bouncingsmileys:

I think that door is almost 20'. I am 6, I stood on a stool and I couldn't get close the the upper door lock on the right which is 4' down from the top. I'd say 18'? IDK it could be 15, it's huge.

Oh the Aston Martin V12 in the garage is nice, I have the key and permission to use it for a photoshoot ;)

What can I say? I think you did a really nice job on this series! I do agree about cropping out the hinges. I quite like the pose, and feel as if I am being invited in. The lighting in this shot, flatters her a bit more than the last, I think.

This and her "in" the fireplace are my favorite so far!

I think I would raise the shutter speed to darken the background to make it less distracting because my eyes keep going to the sky at the top, I wouldn't class her as skinny

Last edited:
Love the location. The model is fine. My only beef is (same in all the shots I've seen of her so far) lack of facial expression. As I'm the only one who has mentioned this it may be that this is a fashion thing and I'm out of touch with what's wanted. Personally (in my photos) I feel that facial expression is the key to which ones are keepers and which ones go in the bin.

Even so, I like this shot and think it's the best of the batch. :)

Additional comment on the crit of the model. I often shoot larger and older ladies, the criticism of the model's size coming from so many makes me think twice about showing their photos. NOT because I'm sensitive about my work but because I wouldn't want to expose my models to such subjective (and, frankly, rude) comments - even though they would (in all likelihood) never know.

THINK before you comment!

I think that door is almost 20'. I am 6, I stood on a stool and I couldn't get close the the upper door lock on the right which is 4' down from the top. I'd say 18'? IDK it could be 15, it's huge.

Oh the Aston Martin V12 in the garage is nice, I have the key and permission to use it for a photoshoot ;)

I can't see the Aston Martin in this photo. :(
Have instead several doors, and can't help but wander what it would be like to hang those!;)

Not an expert on this type of shot but really like this. I think the girl looks great, obviously the high heels and such straight stance is slimming so I don't agree with the weight comments.

If I had to nit pick I'd like to see some details in the sky. I know it's not that type of shot but it strikes me as a sort of environmental portrait as much as a lingerie shot, showing plenty colour and beauty of both the building and exterior, but as I said, nit picking

Its a very well put together portrait. I like the lighting on the model, and the pose really accentuates her stature, it echos to grand scale of the doors. I really like it.
So the nit picking bit, and it really is just nit picking.
There is a slight distortion on the verticals towards the top of the photo which bugs me as the symmetry is such a strong element in this portrait. I agree with gsgary. Under exposing the ambient a bit more along with the great porch light above her would have given it a more dusk feel and given the lady standing in lingerie at the door a bit more of a story/mood. But that's just my personal opinion.

Most reactions

Back