The Father of Photomatix

Watch as I take this poorly composed picture, without any regard to the various lighting challenges it poses, and create an equally worse picture using 40-exposures through ****ty post-processing techniques!

Watch as I take this poorly composed picture, without any regard to the various lighting challenges it poses, and create an equally worse picture using 40-exposures through ****ty post-processing techniques!

I may be sensing some negativity towards Photomatix but I may be wrong.

Its just another process to me.

BTW the link does not work for me.

CHEERS

The technique does seem like an exercise in going to great lengths in post-capture to enhance photographs that might have been better using a more thoughtful approach to photographing the scene in the first place.

Many examples of which are so over-cooked that there is no enjoyment in viewing them. To be fair, there are some members here who do produce excellent work that are reminiscent of a personal experience.

I may be sensing some negativity towards Photomatix but I may be wrong. Its just another process to me.

The technique does seem like an exercise in going to great lengths in post-capture to enhance photographs that might have been better using a more thoughtful approach to photographing the scene in the first place.

This.

the example shown in the link produced a really piss poor end result to demonstrate it's noise reduction and motion-blur reduction technologies.

Also to clarify HDRinstant creates HDR still images from video. The exmaple on the hdrinstant website landing page is a better exmaple, but still a sub-par result imho.

Most reactions

Back