The name will be Nikon D800, the sensor will be 36MP (99% probability)

Really? You are buying the latest when it goes to market? That's great! Look forward to seeing some images.

Personally, I'd wait until the price goes down....and all the technological bugs are worked out.

Really? You are buying the latest when it goes to market? That's great! Look forward to seeing some images.

When and if! lol! I was considering a D700... but with the improvements the D7000 had, I decided to wait and see how the D800 stacked up... pro quality and features with the tech advancements.... so yea, I will guinea pig one! :) Cant wait... should be a sweet body....

Personally, I'd wait until the price goes down....and all the technological bugs are worked out.

I might wait a week or two.. see if anyone finds any major bugs. I imagine they will be in short supply anyway... so I will probably just get on the list.... :)

I'm gonna wait until they're actually known to exist in the wild. And then I'll take a good hard look at the specs & reviews.

THEN I will decide whether to plunk down my hard-earned money. If it turns out to be a dud, I'll probably get me a D700 on the cheap.

I'm gonna wait until they're actually known to exist in the wild. And then I'll take a good hard look at the specs & reviews.

THEN I will decide whether to plunk down my hard-earned money. If it turns out to be a dud, I'll probably get me a D700 on the cheap.

heck, Sparky.. that goes without saying! :)

I'd like to get a D700 ..finally make it to FF (again :) after quitting film SLRs). But the price tag means the same old dilemma for a hobbyist on a budget..better imaging pipe or instead...more lenses for an adequate body like a D1x, D200 or S3 whatever (?) oO(those bodies are getting old and very used though aren't they!)

Sigma have lost the plot with that, haven't they?! 7 grand for that ..jeez

The rumor is that it will not be your typical Bayer type sensor, it will be a Foveon sensor (3x12MP sensors - one for each color channel). NR is also saying to expect more than one version of this body.

Should be interesting.
Like the $7000, so called 46 MP, Sigma SD1? - SD1 DSLR - Digital Cameras - SigmaPhoto.com
Is it just me, or does that mirror look like it's crop-size?

Is there a known connection between Fujifilm and Sony? I'm wondering if and why Nikon would move over to a sensor technology that i associate with Fuji than than Sony (makers of Nikon sensors, yes?). If Sony are perhaps feeling they have outgrown the present relationship (e.g A77) would this a good time for Nikon to form a (new?) business alliance with Fuji and take the FX cameras in a different direction?

Most reactions

Back