The new guy :)

Another member of the Pentax team! :cheer:

I really like the first one, very much. And the goose head is very striking, as well. Nice work!

Big Mike said:
I didn't like the ferret shot but the rest blew me away...very impressive. Thanks for posting.

LOL, you really had to be there to enjoy the ferret shot :D. I just threw that one in there because that little guy was so funny.

I didn't expect all of these wonderful comments. I really appreciate everyone of them. :)

What a great collection you have. I really like 1, 6, and 9. They have a very artistic feel to them. It almost feels like I'm looking at contemporary paintings. Your play on lighting is very good and I really like the interaction between the lighting and texture. Great first pictures!

I have to say that my advertising comment may have been a little sarcastic. Only about 1/3 of my work is editorial. Personally the Ed work is a lot more rewarding. Ad work is definitely more challenging. That is what keeps me in it. Plus it pays real well.

Personally I started as a freelance assistant. It is a great way to meet the photo community. Plus you will gain enough technical knowledge to make you head explode.

Just great, now I'm getting nostalgic. Tell about the scene in your school. What year are you in? Certainly there are assistant jobs on the bulletin board near the bitchy financial aid office?

craig said:
Just great, now I'm getting nostalgic. Tell about the scene in your school. What year are you in? Certainly there are assistant jobs on the bulletin board near the bitchy financial aid office?

I am in a Community College (sophomore year) right now taking 'Photo techniques 1 (black and white). I have already taken black and white basic, intermediate, and color photography. The equipment is crap, but it does the job.

My school doesn't respect the art of photography much and personally I would hate to work for them. I have been in the past 3 art shows (only 2 people from each art class are chosen) in my past 3 classes and each time digital art and a drawing/painting wins. From what I hear it has been 5 years since any photography has been chosen.

When I transfer (not exactly sure where yet) I might have some more job opportunities. Or I will just have to get out there, and get my work seen, and apply.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back