The plague has hit me :(

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in that situation that every photographer who has experienced hates. I have no idea what my next subject should be to shoot. I am a very creative person but I feel like I have exhuasted my resources. I have shot the city by me atleast 6 times and every local place. There is any landscape shots i can do out here. I have my own studio but I dont know how to get someone to let me take their pictures.

So I have a questions: How did you get out of a similar stuation where you didnt know what to shoot anymore?

put yourself in a totally new situation ...

spend a day in an odd place ...

and after some hours you will start taking pictures again.

so would an odd place be going to some bad area of town? the woods? something like that?

so would an odd place be going to some bad area of town? the woods? something like that?

just something very far from your everyday life. maybe a cigar shop. a water purification plant ... an animal shelter ... whatever ...

hmm animal shelter sounds fun cause i have my own dog and we got him from one. Kind of off topic but how would I go about shooting there. Call them up and just ask if i can take pictures of them or should I set up a session?

depends, i would just ask if it is ok if you shoot images there ..
would not arrange any set up session.

i woul not concetrate on isolated animals there, but more on the place, the details, and some animals embedded into all this. just something new to fool around with your camera.

Find an auto mechanic who will let you shoot in his shop (trade for prints).

Do something industrial.

Go to a sporting event, and take shots.

Go to the zoo.

Go to an art museum.

Go to a senior citizens center.

Go to a nursing home.

Ride along with a police officer or fireman.

Go to a place they sell guitars, and check out the bands on the bulletin boards. Call them and offer them publicity shots in trade for photo releases.

Go to a camping/adventure store and check out their bulletin board.

Go to a cycling shop and find some mountain bikers or BMX guys who will do insane things for you to shoot in trade for prints.

Go to a skate park.

Etc.

Find an auto mechanic who will let you shoot in his shop (trade for prints).

Do something industrial.

Go to a sporting event, and take shots.

Go to the zoo.

Go to an art museum.

Go to a senior citizens center.

Go to a nursing home.

Ride along with a police officer or fireman.

Go to a place they sell guitars, and check out the bands on the bulletin boards. Call them and offer them publicity shots in trade for photo releases.

Go to a camping/adventure store and check out their bulletin board.

Go to a cycling shop and find some mountain bikers or BMX guys who will do insane things for you to shoot in trade for prints.

Go to a skate park.

Etc.

nice list thanks. I was going to buy a police scanner to follow the cops around and fire dept. but a scanner is like $80 and i dont want to shoot crazy stuff like that all the time but your suggestion about riding with a cop caught my eye...

some good ideas i suppose my other main problem is getting the guts to go to one of these places and not get nervous.

How about shooting the things you have before but with a different "spin", be more tech. HDR, Pano's, B&W work on different angles you would have your pics now to compair to your "new" work. Well thats my 0.02 worth.

good idea aswell. And I havent been shooting for like 2 months now so i have put down the camera for some time.

just try all suggestions and report their effect to your friends on TPF :)

Get a chicken and shoot eggs... just make sure it's a hen. ;)

Ok, forget the chicken, they make a mess anyway. Go to the store and buy a carton of eggs. Once you pefect shooting the perfect egg, you will be ready to go back out and shoot something else... anything else that doesn't have a yoke and isn't yellow. :D

Mike

Do something different... take a glass of water and have someone shoot ice cubes into it from across the room... see how many times it takes before they hit the glass.

1878470628_475b9fb0ac.jpg

Go to a sporting event that you've never sen in real life. Ever shoot water polo? Ever try to see what a ping pong ball at 60MPH photographs like? There are no limits if you give it a little thought.

hmm i will test these out and get back to you guys and gals. Could be difficult seeing I just accepted a job that restricts my free time. Ill manage just like we all do though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back