The worlds best Movie quotes

M

MDowdey

here it is folks...rank your top 5 movie quotes of all time...

here is mine:

5) Neo(The Matrix): What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

4) Private Ryan(Saving Private Ryan): Tell me about your wife and those rosebushes?
Captain Miller: No, no that one I save just for me.

3) Champ Kind(Anchorman:The Legend Of Ron Burgundy): We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you! I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together!

2) Dr. Weir(Event Horizon): You know nothing. Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

1) Tyler Durden(Fight Club): First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.

ok, now your turn!
md

Cant think of 5 off the top of my head, but How could you miss out this classic...

Scareface: "Say hello to my little friend" (clutching an M16, i think)

Oh yes, and this... from the Life of Brian:

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy... now p*ss off!!"

10 Things i Hate About You

Patrick: What is it with this chick? She got beer-flavored nipples?

Band Of Brothers

Carwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

Richard D. Winters: [real life interview with Winters where he quotes Mike Ranney on how he answered a question his grandson once asked him] I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".

We Were Soldiers

Sergeant Ernie Savage: Beautiful morning, Sergeant!
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: What are you a ****ing weatherman now?

On the radio
Colonel Tim Brown: Colonel, what's the situation down there?
Colonel Moore spins around and shoots a Vietnamese soldier that was just about to stab him
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: It's getting pretty sporty down here, sir! :lol:

Johnny Tyler: (Billy Bob Thornton - Tombstone) For Christ sakes, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin', you nerve-wrackin' sons-of-bitches!"

I don't know how "good" they are, but I can think of some lame ones. ;)

"This was no boating accident!"

"I'll never be hungry again!" :shakes fist at sky:

A boy's best friend is his mother.

Nobody's perfect.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Press the button, Max.

Get your filthy paws off me, you damned dirty ape!

Con Air
- What's wrong with him?

- My first guess would be...a lot.

Another one from Con Air

- There's only two men I trust. One's me and the other is not you.

I'm sure I'll remember a lot more as the day progresses.

Dr Stangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Dr. Strangelove - Mein Führer! I can walk!

:lmao: Funniest-film-ever!

Playing god:
- You gonna hurt me?
- You asking cause you're afraid or because you want me to?
- Just trying to plan my day.

Man on fire:
- Forgiveness is between him and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Not my top five probably, but at least 5 I like:

Forest Gump:
Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Willy Wonka
Inside this room, all of my dreams become realities, and some of my realities become dreams. And, almost everything you'll see is eatable, edible, I mean, you can eat almost everything.

Shawshank Redemption
I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Notting Hill:

The fame thing isn't really real. Don't forget, I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.

Napoleon Dynamite
I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

The entirety of "Pump up the Volume" comes to mind. Including gems from "Hard Harry" (Christian Slater) such as:

"Feeling screwed up at a screwed up time in a screwed up place does not necessarily make you screwed up."

"They think you're moody, make 'em think you're crazy. Make 'em think you might snap. They say you got attitude, you show 'em some real attitude. "

"Remember my dear, I can smell a lie like a fart in a car."

"Just look inside yourself and you'll see me waving up at you naked wearing only a cock ring."

They only get worse from there so I'll leave it to your imagination. Oh, and for those who haven't seen it - the movie is only rated R and is well worth the money to rent it.

Oh, thought of another one from "Escape from L.A." (yes, I like wierd movies - try it sometime - you might like it too):greendev:

Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: Land of the free.

I believe in long, slow, deep WET kisses that last three days ... Kevin Costner in Bull Durham

You've got the face of a Botticelli and the body of a Degas (close enough!) ... The Pick Up Artist

young frankenstien..." my what big knockers"-gene wilder looks at door on castle

* why,thank you doctor!!- terri garr, as she is assisted down by wilder.

for anicole** "hannon le,legolas." - aragorn at helms deep

mel gibson in patriot..." your the sort that gives that sort a bad name..."

Most reactions

Back