Things you don't know about me...

core_17 said:
Wow! That's a lot to go through, and a lot to come back from! Way to go Errant_Star! You've seen more of life than I'll see for several more years.

Yeah, alot of it seems surreal now ... like it was someone else's life because it is so far removed from where I am now. :D

Hmm...lets see.
I have 13 piercings in my ears, and only 2 ears.
I won the chess tourny in high school.
My best friend live 1500 miles away
Two years ago, I was leading scorer in a ball hockey league
I really thought I was gonna be a rock star
Im pretty quiet and keep to myself
Chiller is a name that was given to me, cause my friends at work think Im creepy.
Im a music freak...I listen to is as long as Im awake.
I collect Hot Wheels cars

I wouldn't have figured you to be a ball hockey player or as a collector of hot wheels, I was thinking more along the lines of shrunken heads or something of the like! [j/k] :mrgreen:

And while the name Chiller does fit I think you're more endearing than creepy! :hugs:

I'm a freak ...

I was born six weeks early in 1970 ... I've been perpetually late for everything else since that day.

I lost 70% of my hearing at the age of 2 ... tubes in and tonsils out took care of that as they drained over a quart of fluid off my ears.

My tonsils grew back and I had them out again at the age of 7.

I had two full sets of baby teeth. Two sets of permanent teeth (except for top front four and bottom front four) and six wisdom teeth. Dentis used to tape my head to the chair thinking they were shadows. They started pulling my teeth when I was nine. My mom had them all in a mayo jar for years. The tooth fairy jipped me on those ...

I got my first motorcycle at the age of 8 and rode a bike for 8 years. I was the only chick in my town with a white helmet w/a playboy bunny on the back. I rode before it was cool for chicks to ride. Use to get some really strange looks when I'd take off the helmet and shake out my hair. Wore leather jacket and boots, but never chaps. My older brother and parents had bikes, too.

I got caught in a culvert at the age of 13 and almost drowned. Scary.

I still have originally married parents -- going on 45 years, they are.

I have worked as:
a waitress (made great money)
cashier at wal mart
pharmacy tech at two hospitals
office manager
set up and ran two offices: pest control and heavy truck sales
currently work for a lobbyist (great perks and travel!)

I have an awesome child with ADHD who has the social skills of a 6 year old, the body of a 10 year old, the mind of Einstein and the vocabulary of a 40 year old professor. I am blessed.

I was married at the age of 20 for four days, a mistake that was annulled.

My dear friend committed suicide when I was 19 and I still have guilt over not recognizing the signs. I'll miss him forever.

I remarried at the age of 24 and was promptly abused for almost two years. I took my son and walked out the door and never looked back.

I am currently married to a retired preacher that works as a tech in a local dealership. I've raised his son and daughter and never knew that I could love someone elses kids like I love them.

I actually love my mother in law.

I was a cheerleader in high school.

I have a pen fetish.

I love to cook every day.

I've been to Germany, Austria and Italy and loved them.

I almost died two years ago after becoming septic.

I'm not as goonie as I come across on this forum ... but I am lots of fun.

anicole said:
I'm a freak ...

I was born six weeks early in 1970 ... I've been perpetually late for everything else since that day.

I lost 70% of my hearing at the age of 2 ... tubes in and tonsils out took care of that as they drained over a quart of fluid off my ears.

My tonsils grew back and I had them out again at the age of 7.

I had two full sets of baby teeth. Two sets of permanent teeth (except for top front four and bottom front four) and six wisdom teeth. Dentis used to tape my head to the chair thinking they were shadows. They started pulling my teeth when I was nine. My mom had them all in a mayo jar for years. The tooth fairy jipped me on those ...

I got my first motorcycle at the age of 8 and rode a bike for 8 years. I was the only chick in my town with a white helmet w/a playboy bunny on the back. I rode before it was cool for chicks to ride. Use to get some really strange looks when I'd take off the helmet and shake out my hair. Wore leather jacket and boots, but never chaps. My older brother and parents had bikes, too.

I got caught in a culvert at the age of 13 and almost drowned. Scary.

I still have originally married parents -- going on 45 years, they are.

I have worked as:
a waitress (made great money)
cashier at wal mart
pharmacy tech at two hospitals
office manager
set up and ran two offices: pest control and heavy truck sales
currently work for a lobbyist (great perks and travel!)

I have an awesome child with ADHD who has the social skills of a 6 year old, the body of a 10 year old, the mind of Einstein and the vocabulary of a 40 year old professor. I am blessed.

I was married at the age of 20 for four days, a mistake that was annulled.

My dear friend committed suicide when I was 19 and I still have guilt over not recognizing the signs. I'll miss him forever.

I remarried at the age of 24 and was promptly abused for almost two years. I took my son and walked out the door and never looked back.

I am currently married to a retired preacher that works as a tech in a local dealership. I've raised his son and daughter and never knew that I could love someone elses kids like I love them.

I actually love my mother in law.

I was a cheerleader in high school.

I have a pen fetish.

I love to cook every day.

I've been to Germany, Austria and Italy and loved them.

I almost died two years ago after becoming septic.

I'm not as goonie as I come across on this forum ... but I am lots of fun.

May I ask what this is?

errant_star said:
I wouldn't have figured you to be a ball hockey player or as a collector of hot wheels, I was thinking more along the lines of shrunken heads or something of the like! [j/k] :mrgreen:

And while the name Chiller does fit I think you're more endearing than creepy! :hugs:

I do have a large collection of...."dark" stuff. Vampire skull, horror movie figures, dragon lanterns/fountains, swords, candlabras,my prized "psyco clown" figure,various goth stuff, I even have a black Christmas stocking, and that is the stuff that is not in my halloween display:lol: ...oh the shrunken heads are in the shed...curing. :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Chiller said:
Hmm...lets see.
I have 13 piercings in my ears, and only 2 ears.
I won the chess tourny in high school.
My best friend live 1500 miles away
Two years ago, I was leading scorer in a ball hockey league
I really thought I was gonna be a rock star
Im pretty quiet and keep to myself
Chiller is a name that was given to me, cause my friends at work think Im creepy.
Im a music freak...I listen to is as long as Im awake.
I collect Hot Wheels cars

in a way chiller fits you as a name, cause of how you dig weird things that make people get chills...

but i think your like me in a lot of ways.... your really not scary, just able to carry the burden that people want you to be, so you do...

myabe it should be just chill... cause i think your very laid back...like a chill pill..

13 ear-rings???? bet that hurt....:(

woodsac said:
Didn't mean to shock ya there Jon :lmao:
I grew up a rough, alternative life style. Had drug addicts for parents. Lived in the ghetto. Spent a lot of time growing up quick...on the streets! I've probably done and seen things you've only watched on t.v.? So is that good or bad? Depends on how you look at it. I think it made me a better, stronger person. Because I chose to apply what I learned to improve my way of life :thumbup: I won't even go into the Bad things you don't know about me...:p

That wasn't me being shocked, that was me being impressed! I can't tell you how much respect I have for someone who's grown up like that and changed their life around on their own initiative, and now use those experiences as learning tools. Way to be man, that's awesome. :thumbup:

core_17 said:
May I ask what this is?

mine was from a nasty infected ovary that led to a hysterectomy a couple of months later.

I'm not medically inclined, but it was described to me as your white blood count having an infection ... like if your appendix ruptures ... I went from 98.6 temp to 105.2 in a matter of hours and it was nasty.

All fine and dandy now ... just a biggo 10 inch scar ... :confused:

wow, my life seems dull in comparison...

I have lived in AZ my whole life (28 yrs)...

I went on my first camping trip when i was 6 weeks old, and have loved the outdoors ever since.

I am a descendant of a guy named James Chilton, who came to America via the Mayflower, he died on the boat in Cape Cod Harbor, but was survived by 2 daughters.

I played baseball for 10 years, and was good, but not good enough.

I have a BS in Business Admin (MIS).

I spent a week salmon fishing in british columbia and only caught one small fish.

I honeymooned on Kauai (marrying my wife is the single best thing i have ever done).

I herniated a disc at C5/C6 by yawning/stretching...

I played paintball once with Ricky Schroeder, i captured the flag and he ran point for me. sweet.

I was an emancipated minor at the age of 15.

I had an affair with Tom Selleck....ages ago.

Won mutiple spelling bees as a youngter.

I studied to be a medical Doctor and then changed courses and studied eastern medicine instead....I'm an HHP.....Holistic Health Practioner. Massage Therapist.

I have been in 7 car accidents...not a one my fault.....one I was on my bicycle. Splintered my spine.

Made an excercise video. hee hee this one still cracks me up!

I was one of the first women umpires for usssa and asa did that for awhile....they called me little blue!

I've bungie jumped!

i'll give this a go i guess:

photography does not top my list of favorite things to do

in my 20's and 30's i skydived

i was all-state wide receiver in high school at 5' 10"...shortest one around i believe (i loved playing tackle eligible)

i have six chillin's which most of you know

i suffer greatly from alergies

i grew up in an orphanage

i play guitar, bass, some keyboard

i cannot dance

i hate public speaking

i had my apendix removed a few years ago (what are those things for anyway?) no visible scars....damn good doc!

i beat Linda at yahtzee all the time! well, most of the time :)

photo gal said:
I had an affair with Tom Selleck....ages ago.

green does not even describe the color i am....

if i get to meet you ever, i wanna just touch your hand...ok?? thats as close as the restraining order will let me get to tom selleck...

was that his "magnum" years???? did you get to lick him up one side and down the other??? :drool:

Ok I'll go...( some of you may know a couple of these things but anyhoo )

My mum fell pregnant with me when she was 15. My dad was a bit of a naughty dude in those days and broke the law and was thrown in jail in New South Wales to serve a 3 year sentence, not long after my mum fell pregnant. So he was in jail when I was born ( my mum still has the telegram that was sent to him informing him of the birth of his daughter ). I was 2 when I first met him. He was to go back into jail again when I was 9 and every Sunday, we would travel interstate by train to visit him.
I didnt like Sundays back then.

I changed schools almost every year up until year 10, where I stayed put at the same school until I finished schooling.

I grew up around a lot of hardened criminals and at one stage we had 5 or 6 other people living in our house. Our house was a sort of drop-in-centre. Not long after my 5th birthday, police raided our house and ,along with other things they took , they took all my toys ( some birthday presents ). When my mum tried to stop the female copper from walking out the door with my toys, the cop snarkily said " They could be stolen property too, get the little b1tch out of my way" ( little b1tch was in reference to me ). Mind you I was a quiet kid and was only standing there watching sadly, not throwing a tantrum or anything to warrant the comment.

Despite the climate, my mum and nana sheltered me from it as much as possible and did everything they could to keep the innocence in my childhood. My mum was a 'good girl' who tried to take her children away from this kinda life and tried to leave my dad many times but he always found her and got her to come back. My dad wasnt the 'coolest' guy back then and we were scared of him. He has since mellowed an extraordinairy amount and feels remorse for the way he was back then.

I ran away from home when I was 12, had an eating disorder by the time I was 13 and tried to kill myself at 15 by overdosing. All cries for help and peace. I sat in the hospital bed and realized I wanted to live and wanted to live the best life possible.

Started taekwondo when I was 11 and got my black belt at 15. My instructor was priming me for the Olympics and to become an instructor at his club. Though, due to injuries and the troubles I was having in my private life around then, I stopped training.

My thumbs can bend right back.

I once worked at an exclusive 'gentleman's club' for high profile businessmen ( exotic dancers, fantasy rooms you get my drift ) when I was 19- 22, as a waitress/bar attendant. During one shift, the owners approached me with an older gentleman in an expensive suit who asked me if I would like to pose for Australian Penthouse and earn a lot of money doing it. I declined, he handed me a business card anyway and asked me to think about it. I never called because I don't care to have family or family friends seeing me posing with my legs askew, spank ya very much.

A taxi driver asked me to meet his friend, a "very nice man who wants Australian residency". Said all I would have to do is marry the guy in a civil service, live with him for a year or so until the residency came through, fake to immigration that I was genuinely in love with my 'husband' etc etc. Then after it came through, I could divorce him and go on my merry way. He said I would receive $ 10,000 for it. Ahhh no thanks.

Was engaged from 22 to 28. Fell pregnant twice during it but no babies resulted because I terminated the first pregnancy ( when I was 22 ) and miscarried the second ( at 24 ).

Has a developed 6th sense. Dreams that have predicted events ahead of time and just a 'knowing' of things that are about to happen. It's hard to explain and I don't have any control over it, its a slippery sense so to speak. If I dream of my nana or aunt, it's always a message/premonition.

At one stage my dad was outnumbered by females. When he and my mum were together, the household consisted of my mum, me and my two sisters and a female cat and dog. When my parents split, he started a relationship with my stepmum, who had four daughters from a previous marriage. They went on to have a child of their own, again another girl. Dad quit hoping for a son, so he threw in the towel on any more kids. My stepmum fell pregnant again, much to his dismay.
Nine months later, he got his son.

My uncle was the president of the Australian chapter of the Rebels ( bikie gang ) for a number of years. One of their 'Noms' ( nominees ) was the president of the Melbourne chapter of the Klu Klux Klan ( a shame, because I got along with him very well up until I found that out ). I used to spend a lot of weekends at their clubhouse and they looked after me well.

A lot of family members and family friends have been killed by motorbike accidents. My uncle ( the Rebels president ) lost his leg when he came off his bike whilst riding in The Northern Territory. I don't get on bikes these days.

aprilraven said:
green does not even describe the color i am....

if i get to meet you ever, i wanna just touch your hand...ok?? thats as close as the restraining order will let me get to tom selleck...

was that his "magnum" years???? did you get to lick him up one side and down the other??? :drool:

oh yeah....you could've referred to him as my personal lollipop....not to mention the biting and scratching!:blushing:

Most reactions

Back