Thinking of using this as a promo piece.

littlemama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Planning to make up cards to bring around to the local midwives and new mommies groups.
You know...4x5 cards with my info on the back.

Just took this picture last week and I love it. Think it will grab folks?
(or folks to be I guess I should say!) ;)

hennabellyweb.jpg

Neat composition :thumbsup:
My personal preference - B&W. Multi color distracts me.

I really like it to, but I agree with the tad bit more belly.

I dont know about more belly, but I think try it in B&W.. Great shot though... Is that you? Pregnant bellys are so amazing.. I love preggo shots.

I saw this on your website the other day and my first thought was 'I'm glad this is in color'. This sort of shot is always in black and white, which is lovely, but you've got that henna which sets of her skin tone so nicely.

That's exactly what I was just saying to my husband tonight Jess! funny. I do love myself a b/w image...but this image works in color best I think.

and no, that isn't me. It's my doula. (a labor coach) She had the henna done at a belly blessing.The baby was born at home three days ago...a little girl!

Thanks for all your comments fellow forum fotographers! I appreciate it. I finished off the card tonight with my website and a white border with my info on the back.
check it out
bestyhennabellycard%20copy.jpg

promocard%20copy.jpg

hmm I'd rather see some teddy bears painted on it... not flowered tatoo because it looks as punk-mummy with a lot of tatoos all over her body and so on.. for me it lack a bit of emotion... sorry... as a shot it's good but not as a promo :) I wouldn't go for it if I were a mum!

teddy bears? you are joking right? the henna tattoo signifies healthy and vitality to the infant. I wish I knew about it when I was pregnant.
Thanks for the feedback Mentos......teddy bears...hehe

I think it will depend on your target market. Some people find tattoo's disgusting and may think your work goes with that style and may choose not to go with you. While others will love this sort of thing and will be intersted in your work enough to go to you.

And in the text part of the card, the 2nd line under "ShotsByHeather.com", there is a space missing between "Infants," and "families".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back